Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SO2R timing issue

Les Brown
Les Brown Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have my 6600M set up for SO2R/2BSIQ operation. I have a timing problem when switching bands. Details of the setup: N1MM logging with 2 keyboards, SmartSDR v2.4.9 on the PC, PTT with TX1 for slice A and TX2 for slice B fed to 4O3A 1A2R switch and from there to Expert 2K-FA amplifier, serial port from the PC to Port 1 of the amplifier, N4PY software controlled by Behringer CMD Studio 2A, 4O3A 2x8 Antenna Genius, VA6AM diplexer, triplexer and high power bandpass filters. The amplifier is always using Port 1 and is shared between the 2 capture units of the 6600M by way of the 1A2R switch. Problem: When I switch bands by hitting a function key in N1MM to transmit on the slice that is not currently in focus, PTT triggers immediately but the amplifier doesn't receive the band change information. I put a 2 second TX delay in the 6600M to see what happens and the amplifier only switches bands after the 2 seconds has expired (using RF detection instead of received frequency info across the serial interface). I had N4PY analyze the situation with his software and he found the following issue: 

"The problem is the message from N1MM is not coming to me until the TXDelay ends and I don't understand that. Also the change in transmit slice message form the radio does not come to me until the TXDelay is over.  So both the message from N1MM and the message from the radio don't come to me until TX Delay is over."

So, is there a problem with my configuration or is there a bug in either the Flex software or N1MM???

Please help. Dueling CQs is likely harming my relays with hot switching.
73, Les VE3NNT

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited August 2019
    Hi Les

It might be better to open a support case on this one.

Mike

• Don w2xb
    Don w2xb Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Hello Mike,
    This is off the subject. Need a little help getting my stream deck setup. got the 
    stream deck software. Went to frstack3 proterties . clicked on the rest file and plug in. Opene stream deck and chose frstack3. Can't find frstack info on right side of stream deck soft ware. Lost...….
    Can you give me a little help?

Don...w2xb
  • N4FP
    N4FP Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I submitted a support case to Flex last week involving hangup in 2.51a involving CW paddle conflict with n1mm macro and the time delay. They transferred it to software as a possible bug since I can duplicate it 100% of the time on a 6300 and a 6400. No problem before 2.51
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Les,

I am using the same 1A2R switch with my 6600M and N1MM. You need to allow for more time to switch. 

See https://groups.io/g/N1MMLoggerPlus/message/42078 for details.

Andy
    KU7T

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.