Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartrSDR Start up

Options
Ernie
Ernie Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
When starting SmartSDR v3.0.27 I usually get the following 3 popups which go away shortly.

Sometimes only two appear. Today only one appeared. I usually restart the program if I notice that I do not get all 3, and then most usually 3 appear.

What causes this? Seems strange that there is no difference between the popups?

Sometimes my SmartSDR profile changes do not always cause JTAlertX/WSJT-S to track. Have not paid enough attention to be sure all three popups occurred when that has happened. Restarting both cures the problem. Comments?

Thanks,
Ernie, N8DVE

Answers

• Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    That's the PC connecting to the Radio, you want these to happen! Not sure why you are receiving several but don't think it's anything to worry about. Flex may come on an elaborate.
    Can you be more specific about the JTAlert/WSJT-X issues?
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Yes, that is normal.   You will get them from DAX, CAT and any other 'Works with Flex' software you might be running.  
  • RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Ernie,

You might try turning the radio on and give it some time to boot up. Then start SSDR on the computer.
    The popups indicate DAX and CAT are connecting. Then start WSJT-X.

Roy - W5TKZ
  • Ernie
    Ernie Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Thanks for info. Why do I get a different number of them sometimes? I have no other applications running when I start up.

• Ernie
    Ernie Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Thanks for comment Bill. I have profiles for the bands I use. I start SmartSDR first then JTAlertX, which starts WSJT-X. I just have been doing FT8. A few times when I use the profiles to change bands WSJT-X stays on the previous band. If I do not notice it the wrong band is reported to HamSpots.net.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    If you simply closed SSDR the last time and didn't close DAX or CAT, then they may have stayed connected to the rig, thus you will not get a notice that they just connected.

There is a setting in DAX and CAT to auto open and auto close with SSDR if you wish.  That would eliminate the confusion.  But some operators like to leave them running.  For example, sometimes I have left DAX running and connected so that I can use my studio mic to record from DAX MIC AUDIO, even when I don't have SSDR running. Of course, the rig must be left turned on to do this.
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Sounds like your CAT configuration is not configured properly to  WSJT-X. 
    On the Radio tab check that the Network Server is pointed to an entry on the CAT panel and CAT is selected for PTT Method.
    Hope this helps.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.