Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

flex 5000a

Dave
Dave Member
Today as a spare I have just purchases a new sealed in the carton 5000a - this has never been used since new. I cannot communicate with the new 5000a and was wondering if over the long time span of no use the eprom has lost data - has anyone experienced this and any ideas of how to cure the problem - I also notice that when I switch on my working 5000a the relay is a louder click than the new one - thanks Dave g3rcq

Comments

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Daver can your computer communicate with the older 5000a but not the new one? You might need to upgrade the firmware in the radio to the current mode, when you go to the Flex control panel, can you see it?
  • Dave
    Dave Member
    edited August 2019
    Hi Neal thanks for your reply - the new 5000 does not appear on the chooser - Dave
  • Duke Dave
    Duke Dave Member
    edited August 2019
    I am also having trouble with a new Flex 5000a on what I thought was a good setup.  I have a i5 3570K with 8GB of Ram and tones of free HDD space.  I'm using a SIIG 3 port Firewire 1394 PCI card NN-400012-S8.  on Windows 7 SP1.  Does anyone know if this is not good hardware? or is it good hardware I should update to windows 10?
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Dave I think that is a Fine firewire card (I believe its a Texas Instruments chip).
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Dave, Since the previous 5000 works, then the newer one should . Check for the physical internal green FW link light shinning from the inside as seen from the rear of the radio and should go out when the FW cable is pulled from the rear. The firmware may need to be updated as Neal said, but it still has to appear in the FW driver. Kind of sounds that the new radio is now working correctly. One note, the FW cable is easily damaged at the ends, grounds are easily broken, but you should be able to disconnect one and connect the other and have it work for you . 73, Dudley WA5QPZ
  • David Cole
    David Cole Member
    edited August 2019
    Hi Dudley thank you for your kind help - I have sent the 5000a over to Norbert at the Flex repair centre EU - the final diagnoses is the the fire wire is damaged - thanks both and appreciated for your help - best regards from Dave g3rcq 
  • David Cole
    David Cole Member
    edited August 2019
    Hi Neal - thanks for your reply - yes that is the conclusion that Norbert at the Flex EU repair centre suggests - I have sent it over for repair - thanks for helping me by replying - best regards Dave g3rcq

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.