Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Display Average changing

Options
Dan KG0AQ
Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I can't seem to keep my Display Average setting to stay the same. Sometimes when I restart the software it goes to my global setting of 75. Other times it reverts back to the default 50. No pattern that I can tell. Any clues on how I can make it stay put?  Running 6400 and 2.5.1  TIA! 

73 Dan KG0AQ

Answers

• Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Ive noticed the same thing, I have mine usually set to 80, but it often resets to 50.  Ive given up changing it back to 80 for the present time

• K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Same here, have to reset it to 80 every time I start SmartSDR.
  • Ian Snow
    Ian Snow Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    What is "Display Average"? Ian VA3QT
  • Dan KG0AQ
    Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    It is in the left horizontal menu on the panadapter under Display then Average. It speeds up or slows down the panadapter reaction speed. Default is 50 and way too slow for my taste.
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Loading a profile when you start SSDR will ensure all the settings are restored to the saved value.
  • Ian Snow
    Ian Snow Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Much tnx Ian VA3QT
  • Dan KG0AQ
    Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Thanks for the tip but I don't really want to mess with that step every time I load the software. The software "should" remember the last global profile when you shut it down. 3 out of 3 say they have the issue so Flex folks is this a known bug in 2.5.1? TIA! 73
  • Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Im using v3.0.27 with this problem
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Could it be that the Global Profile in use sets the Average to an undesired amount?

My 6400 using 3.0 doesn't do this.
  • Dan KG0AQ
    Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
    Options

This problem has hit again. Every time I start SmartSDR 2.7.6 my average display value reverts to 50. I have loaded and saved global profiles with no joy. Why does this discussion say "answered". What is the "answer" or solution to this issue?

73 Dan

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Dan, the forum software marks a question as Answered as soon as a response is posted. Not the most useful, but there you have it.

I don't have this issue with 3.2.39, but when I get a chance next week, I will down grade to 2.7.6 to see if I can recreate the issue.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Dan,

If this is failing on 2.7.6 for you, please open a support ticket. They will make sure it gets correctly logged as a bug if that is the case.

Mike

• Dan KG0AQ
    Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike,

Will do! Thank you.

73, Dan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.