Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DXLab Does Not Support SmartSDR v 3

1235»

Comments

• Asher - K0AU
    Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Thanks! Must have missed the announcement
  • Dave AA6YQ
    Dave AA6YQ Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Some users -- including me -- report that SmartSDR v3.0.27 occasionally disconnects from Commander, and then automatically re-connects. To rule out SmartSDR's "keepalive" mechanism as the source of these disconnects, I have sent a version of Commander that does not activate this mechanism to 11 Flex users. Some still report seeing disconnects. So far Flex personnel have been unable to determine why this happens with 3.0.27, but never happened with SmartSDR v2.4.9. I haven't used SmartSDR v2.5.1 enough to know whether it too occasionally disconnects.

I have also seen SmartSDR v3.0.27 enter a "mode" in which transmitted audio is badly distorted, a mode that is immediately cured by terminating and restarting it. I've sent a recording of the distorted audio to Flex personnel. They are hopeful that future improvements to DAX will correct this.

I have on several occasions seen SmartSDR v3.0.27 lock up. Termination via Windows Task Manager and a re-start will cure this.

Unless you have need of a feature or defect repair in SmartSdr v3.0.27, my advice is to remain with Smart SDR v2.4.9.

Asher, I've sent you an invitation to join the DXLab Discussion Group so you can keep abreast of new release announcements. I don't routinely post them here.
  • Asher - K0AU
    Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Dave,

Thanks so much for the info. I've been seeing the "DAX TX Audio intermittently corrupted" bug since v1.x. I was checking on DXLabs support since I finally cleared the backorder list for a PGXL and didn't want to get stuck with a potential "PGXL requires V3.x, while DXLab requires V2.x" situation." 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.