Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M main tuning knob responsiveness

t ash
t ash Member
All of a sudden the responsiveness of rotating the main tuning knob is showing a slight delay. It also appears to not be a smooth tuning as it had been.

This is minor, but noticeable. 

I had not noticed this previously, anyone else seen this?

Thanks

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Is the issue still there if you reboot the radio?  Are there any other clients connected to the radio?

• Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    My VFO B knob is not turning smoothly.  It also makes a slight grinding sound when the knob is turned.  Something is wearing or binding on the encoder shaft. Flex has been notified of my issue. I am sending the radio back for a replacement encoder.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited March 2019
    Hi Joe, yes, dealing with a formal ticket is the way to go for hardware issues.
  • t ash
    t ash Member
    edited March 2019
    Thanks Michael. Now that you mention it, this did not start until I hooked up an external 4K monitor. After disconnecting the monitor all appears to be normal.

TKS

Thornton
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Hi Joe, the Grinding could be the Encoder in the Radio or it could simply be the VFO B knob is just to far on the shaft and rubbing the case of the radio.
     If you CAREFULLY remove the rubber cover from the circumference of the knob (BIG RUBBER BAND) there are a couple Alan set screws that you can loosen and pull the knob off the shaft a little bit and re-tighten them and see if it cures it, My Maestro did this when it was new and this is what fixed it

If it still has drag / grinding then you will need to send it in by doing a help ticket. 

• Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Yep, already done all of that stuff.  There is something wrong with the encoder shaft.  Flex has authorized a return for this issue.  Thanks -Joe

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.