Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6400+Maestro configuring for WSJT-X...further questions

Joseph Hill
Joseph Hill Member
edited April 2019 in Maestro
So I thought I had DX Labs, WSJT-X, SmartSDR, DAX, and CAT all configured correctly...but something not working right.  The "DB scale" on the lower left hand of the WSJT-X screen is showing no signal.  Please see screen shots attached.  Any ideas?

Answers

• Neal Pollack, N6YFM
    Neal Pollack, N6YFM Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    You do have CAT ports and Audio selections correct.
    So at this point;  two more things to check;

A.  On Maestro or SmartSDR, make sure that for Audio menu, DAX is selected, and highlighted.
    If DAX is not selected, you will see this same issue.

B.  What Windows version and build# are you running?  Recent Win 10 updates are causing the
    same issue;  DAX channel shows streaming level, but no audio getting through.
    The symptoms are that when you click the windows 10 speaker icon in the bottom right
    notification bar, and select SOUNDS, the two TABs on that dialog box will show PLAYBACK 
    devices and RECORD devices.  The corresponding DAX devices on each TAB will have names
    and sub-names that no longer match, i.e.,  Flex Radio DAX RX3 might also say DAX IQ RX3.
    You can search here for other threads that show the corruption, and what to do.
    But that usually ends up requiring a trouble ticket and a teamviewer remote session
    with support.

Cheers,

Neal

• Dave Spencer
    Dave Spencer Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Hi Joseph. Apologies for the berevity, but I'm on my phone and about to go to bed. First things first. Get WSJT-X controlling SmartSDR. Leave DX Keeper out of the equation for now. In the WSJT-X settings, set the radio to Flex-6xxx. Hopefully that'll get WSJT-X connected to the radio. Try the Test Cat and Test PTT buttons to confirm. There may be other things to tweak, but you need to get WSJT-X controlling the radio, then DX Keeper to work with WSJT-X, not the other way around. I hope that helps you out and gets you on your way. 73!
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited January 2019
    Likewise, I’m on my cell phone If you watch the video on using Slicemaster it will do almost all the configuration for you in about 3 mouse clicks. Using slicemaster makes it so much less complicated. Mike.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.