Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

iOS SmartSDR: Audio balance sliders do nothing?

danparsons
danparsons Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
In iOS SmartSDR, I have two slices running. I have Slice A’s balance slider set to far left, and Slice B to far right. Yet I still hear each slice in both ears. I’ve tried various audio setting combinations but nothing changes this behavior. What am I doing incorrectly? Thanks!

Answers

• danparsons
    danparsons Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Forgot to mention, I’m running this on an iPad Pro, latest iOS / SmartSDR, and using headphones plugged into the iPad.
  • Steve - K6SRS
    Steve - K6SRS Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Stereo headphone?
  • danparsons
    danparsons Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Yes, of course.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    In the settings screen there is a switch to “Allow Stereo”. That must be checked or everything in SSDR-iOS is mono.
  • danparsons
    danparsons Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    This is one of the settings I tried playing with. Whether its on or off made zero difference unfortunately.
  • ThisUserDoesNotExist
    ThisUserDoesNotExist Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Hi all, the mono headset thingy is mentioned in the manual.

The thing is, that it is basically an issue with Apple which is caused by the fact that some (not all) headsets are seen as mono-devices as they only have one Microphone.

They behave like they need to for taking a phone call and in that case, it completely switches to mono.

However, some headset (and I guess at least all without a microphone) should not have this issue.

If have just tried again with the original Apple cabled Lightning headset and it works in stereo (of course default-to-speaker:off and allow-stereo:on).

Also the included lightning to analog adapter works this way.

Which headset did you try Dan?

Marcus, DL8MRE

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.