Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Computer Speakers in Addition to the Flex

2»

Answers

• WG5D
    WG5D Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I've never even plugged any speakers into my Flex - I always use the PC speakers or a headset plugged into the computer.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    This is the mixer I use.  I talked to Art Pro and this has ground loop isolation built in.

It fits nicely under the monitor and has plenty of space to expand.  FRS audio sounds great and I can mix in the level I want with the PC audio. 

http://artproaudio.com/mixers/product/mx822/

I drive this into these bose speakers:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bose-MusicMonitor-desktop-speakers-Mdl-302481-001-Silver-w-Remote-Great-Soun...

• Rick N4RZ
    Rick N4RZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I have the ComSPKR and it works very well.  The cost is $38 from R&L Electronics.
  • WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    What does the isolation transformer help with  AC hum, RFI, all the above?
  • David-N5PSM
    David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Ground loops between the speakers and the flex cause issues. A good ground isolator off amazon works fine

(PAC SNI-1/3.5 3.5-mm Ground Loop Noise Isolator Works with iPod/Zune/iRiver and Others)
  • N0AZZ
    N0AZZ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I have used a set of these3 for 3 yrs. or so on my Elecraft K3's and found them to be as good as external speakers from Yaesu and Icom of better than the $300+ sets for them.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.