Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Windowas 10 DAX Driver Error

N1UW
N1UW Member
edited August 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows

Just updated SmartSDR for Windows v1.6.21.159 yesterday per the release notes. All was fine.  Then updated from Win 7/64 to Win 10 Pro.

The Flex 6500 operates normally but I cannot get third party digital software to talk to the radio.  I see the following error message on startup:

DAX Driver Error
An error has occurred while trying to open a DAX sound device. The following fault conditions may apply:

- The DAX driver may not be properly installed
- Another application has exclusive use of a Reserved DAX sound device
- The DAX sound device may have been manually disabled

In the DAX Control Panel (v1.6.21...)

- The TX Stream is RED and reads NOT CONNECTED
- RX Stream 1 is RED and reads DRIVER ERROR
- RX Stream 2 is RED and reads NOT CONNECTED
- Mic Stream and all other RX Streams are BLACK and read NOT CONNECTED.

Help, please

Frank N1UW

Answers

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    The Windows 10 "Upgrade" process is rather notorious for scrambling i/o port mappings and audio settings.

The most straightforward way is to uninstall everything Flex (make sure all the DAX devices disappear from recording & playback devices) then reinstall and configure.

This really has nothing to do with Flex software. Microsoft has gotten really bad in their procedural quality control. The automatic updates to WIN10 will periodically break things. You WILL wish you had left your shack machine on WIN7.

Good Luck!

Bob , K8RC
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016

If Flex ever comes up with an uninstall program, I will begin to believe there is a God.

Jim, K6QE

• Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio
    Do a search such as Win 10 DAX and there are plenty of comments with solutions as mentioned above.
  • N1UW
    N1UW Member
    edited August 2017

The full uninstall of SSDR and reinstall made everything all pretty again.

Frank N1UW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.