Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Update 6500

Options
I0JBL - Luc
I0JBL - Luc Member ✭✭
edited December 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Today I tried to update my 6500 from version 1.4.3.55 to version 1.5.1. The software runs on a virtual machine on my Mac Mini with 16 GB ram, half dedicated to Win and Half to OS X. The virtual machine runs under Parallels 11.
Is more than 2 hours that both software and hardware is updating but nothing happens. Suggestions?
73 and Mny DX Luciano, I0JBL

Answers

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi Luciano I0JBL

I had something similar and did the same forced shut-down as recommended below:

Winston VK7WH Wrote:  forced the hardware to shut down by holding the power button down, removing the 12 volt power lead, waiting 30 seconds and then turning the power switch back on and running the upgrade again after the Flex reboots.
    Tim W4TME from FRS Wrote:  (updates should take ) No more than 5 minutes or so.  Do what Winston recommended.  Power off the radio and restart it.  That should complete the firmware update.  If not, please submit an HelpDesk support ticket so we can troubleshoot and resolve your issue.  

For details on how to submit a HelpDesk support ticket, please refer to the following URL: http://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118688-How-to-Submit-a-Request-for-Technical-Supp...

The link to the thread is https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/updating-software?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5B...

GL and hoping all works well!

Steve K9ZW

• I0JBL - Luc
    I0JBL - Luc Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Thank you very much guys.
    I follow your suggestion but finally I completely unistalled the SSDR. Then I downloaded again the last version from the site and then start with the update again.
    Now the 6500 is updated and works fine.
    Appreciated your suggestion.
    Have a Happy and prosperous 2016 with all that you want DX 
    Luciano, i0jbl

• Bill Carnett
    Bill Carnett Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    yes, always uninstall the old version.  The only problem with Flexradio is the need for a computer to run them.  Those computer geeks out there, clearly advantaged.  It's a great radio but the computer is the weak link...always. 73, AH6FC/W7

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.