Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I can't fill out the service request form

Options
Bill-W9OL
Bill-W9OL Member
edited November 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I'm trying to fill out the service request form

even though I put in my sn 3413 0588 6500 5293
and
even though I enter the version number: v1.5.1.152

the system rejects my service request saying that both those two items are incorrect and it won't allow me to leave them blank.
I gave up after 3 tries making sure I had no typos.

Comments

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Bill,
      Try it one more with without the .152 in the version number. Jjust  1.5.1

AL, K0VM
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Bill - you are missing the dashes in the serial number and there is a "v" in the version number.  For each field there is an example of the format you should use to enter the data.

Also the serial number and software version number are not required to enter a HelpDesk ticket.  Only the fields with the asterisk (*) are required.
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I tried it multiple ways, guess I didn't hit the right one. will give it another go
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    The serial number on the back of my radio does NOT have dashes between the 4 groups of 4 numbers. That is why I tried it that way.
    I removed the dashes and it has now gone through

Thanks for the help

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Options
    RRR. It is shown in SmartSDR (Radio Setup->Setup tab) with dashes.  That is why we selected that format.  I'll see what I can do to modify the regex filter for the serial number field to accept spaces and dashes.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I learned a little more on regex yesterday and it is now accepting spaces in the serial number field if one forgets to add dashes.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.