Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Rev 1.5.1 and DXLab Commander Issue

After upgrade from 1.5 to 1.5.1, Commander won't connect to radio unless I change the config from Flex-6500 to Kenwood; when I do this everything is generally OK. Obviously, CAT and the ports are working fine but it now needs to be configured Kenwood instead of Flex-6500? Flex 6500 Windows 10 and latest DXLab suite.

Answers

• Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Hi Brad,

There have been some issues since 1.5.0 with Commander not discovering the 6000 series radios when using the Ethernet API.  The problem is not consistent and I don't think Dave, AA6YQ, has been able reproduce the problem reliably.

Try specifying your radio's IP address and IP port (4992 is the default) on Commander's radio configuration page.  I did that and it has been working well with both 1.5.0 and 1.5.1.

Also, make sure your Commander is up to date as there have been a lot of changes lately.  11.9.3 is the current version.

73, Bob, N7ZO
  • Brad - N6SPM
    Brad - N6SPM Member
    edited April 2017

Thank you Bob - That worked. I have dynamic address assignment on my home network, so this may be necessary each time I fire up?

73, Brad, N6SPM

• Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Brad,

DHCP address assignments don't change that often on home networks. DHCP servers (usually your main router) have a lease period during which they reserve the address for that device.  Most routers have a setting where the reservation can be made permanent, what is usually called a static lease.

So, no, you probably will not have to change the setting as long as the radio is fired up once in a while (every couple of weeks?).

73, Bob, N7ZO
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Is not necessary in the last version of the Commander care concerning radio IP - just skip it - don't fiil in, use radio serial number only, exploring broadcasting works well in last commander. BTW last commander has other issue with DAX channel( strange ? ) - always resetting DAX to channel 1
  • Greg Johnson
    Greg Johnson Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    I had similar issue ,I deleted all of my com ports and opened ssdr and scat again, everything started working. Greg ni8r
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    My commander is working perfect, no issue with SMART SDR 1.5.1

Jim
    WU5E

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.