Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Frequency display partly obscured by graphics box in 2560 * 1440 resolution.

Options
Martin Smith
Martin Smith Member
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Both frequency displays are partially obscured by the graphics box around the frequency display.
I guess this was one resolution you didn't try?

Comments

• Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Martin,

I found several forum questions and answer by typing "High resolution monitors" or SDR monitor resolution settings...
    Here is another good one for your question "Display Settings For Smart SDR"
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Martin,
       I have not had seen the problem you describe on my 2560x1440 displayimage

can yo provide a screen shot ?

AL, K0VM
  • Martin Smith
    Martin Smith Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hi, thanks for answer, please find screen shots attached.imageimage
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Martin,
       I'm out of ideas... I can say that SSDR 1.3.8 on my Graphics adapter/Display it seems to work fine at 2560x1440..  You might wish to verify that you graphics adapter is indeed running at the resolution  you expect...    The Flex helpdesk might be the next step..

Al, K0VM
  • George O'Brien
    edited December 2014
    Options

Hi Martin,

Try this: In Win 8.1, right click on the desktop screen and select "Screen resolution from the

dropdown menu".  You should see the screen below.  Next click on "Make text and other items bigger" as I've circled below: 

The new screen appears below: Note that I've selected 9 point for the text size in the message boxes. (I run 2560 X 1440 without any problem).

Perhaps your value is too large.  Just in case, look at the other choices and their values as well.

• Martin Smith
    Martin Smith Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hi George,
    Thanks for your reply.
    Am running W7 pro and tried the three versions of text size to no avail!
    Drat
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

Hi Martin,    You could try reloading your video card drivers just in case.

Regards

• Brent Parker
    Brent Parker Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

I'm on Win 7, with a Nvidia "gaming" card GTX 670 on 30" monitor at 2550x1600 also. No problem. I'm guessing it could be a vidio card or driver issue. We run heavy CAD programs, and occasionally run into similar issues with "other" cards. The Nvidia seem the most stable. We use to run the Fx Quadro from Nvidia, but recently switched to their GTX series to run a particular software.

You also might try setting the card at different resolutions, which won't be "native" for the monitor, but to see if the problem continues.

What monitor runs 2560x1440?? I'm on a Dell 30" and it's 2550x1600.

Regards,     Brent NB4AP

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Martin - you did not provide key information on your problem, such as the specs on your monitor.  I need this to be able to point you in the right direction for a fix.

None the less, here is some information that you might find useful.

Windows allows you to use scaling to increase the size of text and other items on the screen. When you use scaling in this way, Windows magnifies the size of text and UI elements to the scale you choose. Each account on a computer has a separate setting for scaling.

You can specify the scaling to use for text and UI elements by following these steps:

1. In Control Panel, click Appearance And Personalization.

2.Under the Display heading, click Make Text And Other Items Larger Or Smaller.

3.The default scaling options allow you to choose a 100-percent scale (the default), a 125-percent scale, or a 150-percent scale. To use one of these scaling options, make a selection, and then click Apply.

4.To choose a custom setting of between 100 and 500 percent, click Set Custom Text Size (DPI) in the left pane, and then use the Scale combo box to select or specify a scale.

5.You need to log off the user and then log on the user again for the changes to take effect.

Be aware, though, that if you choose a setting higher than 200 percent, UI elements and text may be scaled so large that you cannot work with the computer. You may even be unable to get back into Control Panel to restore the original scaling setting. If you have a scaling issue, enter dpiscaling at a command prompt or in the Search box on the Start menu. This will open the Display page directly, allowing you to then reset the scaling setting.

If you’ve enabled scaling and the text in an application is blurred or unreadable, you may want to disable display scaling for that particular application. To do this, right-click the application’s shortcut and then click Properties. On the Compatibility tab, select Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings, and then click OK. 
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Just my experience:  iMAC 27 5K display - all running fantastic on the next screenshot you can see all Ham Apps. on Windows 10 Technical Preview running on Parallels VM on my iMac27 5K Retina resolution:

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Sergey - I am jealous :-)
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Tim, my words abt. this machine: Total silence and uncompromised power - 32Gb RAM, 4Ghz i7 CPU, GPU 295x 4Gb. I have organised several VM: VM Usual DX, VM Contest with different apps configuration just into one click start 

BTW CPU utilization with previously attached screen shot ~30%
  • Martin Smith
    Martin Smith Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hi Tim,
    Sorry for not giving all the info.
    W7 Pro and tri SLI Nvidia GTX 780 Ti's 32 Gb ram
    I7 processor and AOR2770M
    Interestingly apart from trying the text fix, which i have, with no solution, i get the problem on all resolutions!
    monitor is running on 59Hz only other option is 60HZ
    Very strange.
    Monitor is WQHD 16:9 format as is a lot of high end monitors these days.
  • Martin Smith
    Martin Smith Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hmm,
    I wonder whether thats the problem, the AOR 2770M runs at this resolution, 
    Its claimed to be 4K.... 
  • Martin Smith
    Martin Smith Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Monitor is WQHD, 16:9 format.
  • Martin Smith
    Martin Smith Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Yikes, I thought my resolution was quite high. Hi hi
  • Brent Parker
    Brent Parker Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Heres a shot of my "clean" station!  Actually it's my conference room at work, with a 65" screen. With nvidia cards I can "down-scale" the resolution from 1920x1080 to 1842x1036. Tv's overscan the display so your tv picture goes from edge to edge. As a computer monitor, the video card had adjustments to scale it down, to actually stay inside the edges.  Sorry, drifting a bit off topic here, but couldn't resist seeing what a 65" display looked like!  image
  • Martin Smith
    Martin Smith Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Its all gone quiet...
    I still have the problem!
    May i add this is the ONLY program on the PC which has a graphics problem.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I just posted this in another thread. It might not be a solution, but I thought I would repost the link in case it does. Scroll all the way down to see my post.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/frequency-display-trimmed
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I am currently experiencing the same problem with my monitor connected via an HDMI cable.  The current display is set at 1920 x 1080,  I have tried different settings but no success.  The OS is Win 10 Home.
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I have a related problem with my 27" AOC HDMI monitor running 1920x1080 resolution.  SSDR will not fill out the bottom 1/2-3/4" of the screen, resulting in my being unable to see all of the right hand panels at one time.  This has only surfaced with the upgrade to Win10.  It was not an issue under Win7.  Trying the text resizing has made no difference, nor has switching the monitor between the two graphics cards I'm running.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

Sergey...like ur Flex CWX  statement "about 500 watt output"  I see the SPE 2K Amp power setting is on MAX too  (Wink)

Regards and hope to catch you on the Bands.

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    My 2k will run 2338W on Max. So one needs to cut the drive to about 40W using DDUTIL to stay legal.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    You right Larry thank you for precise learning, my first PA was 1K-FA, however I never use CWX for qso automation( In CW live always with KEY) just keep it in profile, however later 1K was moved to the my second shack and now I am a 2K-FA user where two option what usually I am use to be in legal: or MAX out with 24-27watts input out or Half power mode, in such mode this PA in the full duty cycle without limitations.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Sergey,  I used to have the SPE2K with vacuum relays about 2 years ago and am very familiar with it :-)    Today I am waiting for the new 1.3Kfa to use at my new remote location I am building and will try that until I see what 4O3A comes up with for a full output SS amp (with headroom) that will ,hopefully, smoothly integrate with the F6K radios for an even easier/seamless remote control experience.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Yea Larry, my 2k also with option with vacuum relays, however i am rubbing my palms with waiting for new contest amp for 6000, nevertheless 1.3kFa i think one of the best for field use, it will be nice if you can find out a time for post you expirience with this amp in future. BTW, using 2kfa in full power mode with output 1,2-1,3k is better then half mode with the same power, Amp is more linear with full supply voltage
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Yea Larry, my 2k also with option with vacuum relays, however i am rubbing my palms with waiting for new contest amp for 6000, nevertheless 1.3kFa i think one of the best for field use, it will be nice if you can find out a time for post you expirience with this amp in future. BTW, using 2kfa in full power mode with output 1,2-1,3k is better then half mode with the same power, Amp is more linear with full supply voltage

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.