Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Audio drops on 12 meters

Burch Akin
Burch Akin Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Just upgraded to SmartSDR 1.2.17 and when you drag the panadapter on 12 meters (not the slice), the audio drops out and the panadapter gets distorted.  It only seems to do this on 12 meters.  I'm not sure if it has been doing this before the update since I haven't been on 12 meters since I got the 6300.  I worked a few stations on 12 meters so it it functional but it really strange when you change the panadapter frequency.  Anyone else have this issue?

Burch
K4QXX

Comments

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    A 6300 here as well.

This occurs for me on 15, 17, and 12...however 12 meters is indeed the worse. I didn't notice it on the radio until after installing SmartSDR 1.2.17.  

As you drag the panadapter to a portion of the band immediately off the screen (to the right or left of what is being displayed) an audio drop out occurs.  20 Meters and 10 Meters (on either side of these bands) scroll horizontally seamlessly...both audio and video are smooth.

Its not just you Burch.
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Same here Burch. Sounds choppy when you drag it. I didn't try it with the old software however so I don't know if this is a new thing or not. 

Steve N4LQ
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Ditto.  Choppy audio when dragging the panadapter with version 1.2.17.  Worst on 12m, some on 17m.  1.2.1 did not do this.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    I've entered this in our issue tracking system as issue #352.  We'll investigate and report back.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    This problem has been found and fixed and will be available in the next release.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.