Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

is it normal to have horizontal lines in the waterfall every time I tx

jim
jim Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Answers

• Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    It is if you don't have the waterfall on while TXing option selected.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Setting is here....

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• jim
    jim Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    al , my  Show TX  in Waterfall:  is/was set to DISABLED 

I must have something else set wrong 
    still looking  

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Jim,
    Here is what I see in both states:

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

**** DISABLED - lines when transmitting ***********

************ ENABLED signal when transmitting  *************

• Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited March 2017
    OK here's the deal: we polled our Alpha team about the waterfall when they first began testing it.  There were some that never wanted to see their transmit signal in the waterfall and others who felt that it had some diagnostic value.  I'm in the latter camp for what it's worth.  So we created a switch to let you choose which you prefer.  The guys that didn't want to see transmit wanted some demarcation of when they were in transmit so they could clearly see what happened before and after transmit.  So when the switch is disabled, we draw a white-black-white line (a double line) to show when transmit occurred.

When the switch is enabled, we reduce the power spectrum in the in waterfall (since you are so much louder than what you're listening to).  The results in a black background with only your signal visible while you transmit.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Good decision, give options and clearly marking the transmit line.....works as designed. 

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com.
  • jim
    jim Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    ok AL, 
    now i understand   thank you very much 
    and a picture is worth 1000 words .
    agn thanks 
    jim wb5aaa

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.