Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RIT/XIT on 20 Meters USB crashes SmartSDR in V. 1.1

Ken - NM9P
Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭

While trying to work RI1ANU split on 20 SSB, (14.205 Mhz) I tried to do it "quick and dirty" by using the RIT/XIT.

First I used the Flex Control Knob AUX3 button to move the Transmit frequency up 5 KHz.  Then I used AUX1 to take the receiver the same distance up the band, hoping to switch back and forth with the RIT on/off button and my mouse.

As the RIT reached Somewhere around 4440 Hz up the system crashed.

I repeated it several times, each time after a power down restart of the 6500.

Station Information:

FLEX-6500

I am using SmartSDR V. 1.1, CAT & DAX with N3FJP ACLog 4.6 on COM 8

Flex Control Knob on COM 79.

No other programs connected to the rig at the time.

I have not done a Factory Reset and tried it again.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I hope I have not missed a note in the release notes... if so, I can confirm that this really is an error!

Ken - NM9P

Comments

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Further tests revealed that XIT is not a factor.  Simply moving the RIT past +4400 or so crashed SmartSDR and required cycling the 6500 before it would reconnect.  I will do a factory reset tonight and test again.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Ken - please let me know how your testing proceeds with a persistence DB reset.
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Ken,
    I confirmed this bug with my 6700.

Rather than cycling the 6700 I just wait a minute or two and the radio usually shows back up in the radio browser.

• Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Confirmed on my 6500, XIT no problem, RIT both + & -  ~4400 crashes SmartSDR. Same as Ken, wait ~1 min or less and radio is available to reconnect.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I will try that tonight, also.  As well as other bands, other slices & other panadapters..  I only tested it on 20 meters in pan 1, Slice A.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    OK.  I have added this to the developers bug tracker to fix for the next release.  Thanks for the confirmation report, Dave!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.