Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How difficult is it to install the GPSDO module in 6500?

Reggie-k6xr
Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

Answers

• Graham-KE9H
    Graham-KE9H FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Hi Reggie: You will need to take off the bottom cover, and one side panel, then install two short coax cables (prefabricated), one for the 10 MHz Output and one for the GPS antenna input. Remove the cover on the GPS Module, then **** it down on the main motherboard and replace the cover. I think the guys are going to make a short video of the installation process. Or, if you are uncomfortable doing the above, you can send it back to the service center for installation. --- Graham / KE9H
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    that sounds fairly easy. thank you
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    good that is my next buy. I hope the cable is 40-50 feet long to the antenna.
  • Graham-KE9H
    Graham-KE9H FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Well, the antenna cable I was talking about was the ~1 foot long cable from the GPS module to the SMA connector on the radio's rear panel. How you get from the SMA connector on the back panel to your GPS antenna is your business. :-) What ever the run to the antenna is, it needs to be less than about 15 dB loss at 1600 MHz, when used with a typical +26 dB gain GPS antenna. --- Graham / KE9H
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    The cable on the supplied GPS antenna is 16' long.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.