Waterfall

• Praise
  • Updated 5 years ago
When I first see the announcement about the waterfall being added I thought ok... can't see myself using that much but actually I now find it easier to tune using that, and specially useful when you have four slices open and and the signals strength are really weak you can easily see and pick out the trace in the waterfall much better than you can in the spectrum display.
Thanks Flex Radio nice addition. :-)
Photo of Steve - M3SXA

Steve - M3SXA

• 131 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jay -- N0FB

Jay -- N0FB, Elmer

• 535 Posts
  • 212 Reply Likes
PanaFall is the single display I used to use on my Flex 3000 and PowerSDR (I sold this week in preparation of buying 6300). I'm glad that it made its debut on SmartSDR. To me, it provides the greatest amount of useful information while on the bands.
Photo of Bill-W9OL

Bill-W9OL

• 726 Posts
  • 56 Reply Likes
Originally I was hoping they would put CWX ahead of the Waterfall. But after playing with it, I see it's advantage. Still wish they could put out a 'Special' CWX issue before July. I'm old, can't afford to wait. LOL
Photo of Steve - M3SXA

Steve - M3SXA

• 131 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Yep, I joined the 'old' club some time ago but won't admit to it lol
Photo of Ned K1NJ

Ned K1NJ

• 309 Posts
  • 79 Reply Likes
    Used waterfall a little for digi modes.  But I find it *very* useful for watching 6m for
Es openings.  You can actually watch the band open. You can see bursts of a few
cw characters from only one station and then see it build enough to start working
people. A great tool for 6m.