Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Waterfall

Steve - M3SXA
Steve - M3SXA Member
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
When I first see the announcement about the waterfall being added I thought ok... can't see myself using that much but actually I now find it easier to tune using that, and specially useful when you have four slices open and and the signals strength are really weak you can easily see and pick out the trace in the waterfall much better than you can in the spectrum display.
Thanks Flex Radio nice addition. :-)

Comments

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    PanaFall is the single display I used to use on my Flex 3000 and PowerSDR (I sold this week in preparation of buying 6300). I'm glad that it made its debut on SmartSDR. To me, it provides the greatest amount of useful information while on the bands.
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    Originally I was hoping they would put CWX ahead of the Waterfall. But after playing with it, I see it's advantage. Still wish they could put out a 'Special' CWX issue before July. I'm old, can't afford to wait. LOL
  • Steve - M3SXA
    Steve - M3SXA Member
    edited February 2015
    Yep, I joined the 'old' club some time ago but won't admit to it lol
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
        Used waterfall a little for digi modes.  But I find it *very* useful for watching 6m for
    Es openings.  You can actually watch the band open. You can see bursts of a few
    cw characters from only one station and then see it build enough to start working
    people. A great tool for 6m. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.