Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

v3 tune button and ATU settings for M1 configuration

Options
Matt NQ6N
Matt NQ6N Member ✭✭
edited May 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
As part of my testing of v3 for M1 use I decided to set up two computers and run FT8 "interleaved" the way one would set up for operating a contest multi 1. 

I am noticing a few oddities. I'm not sure if they are bugs or if I have set things up incorrectly. 

1) The "tune" button on the side panel does not do anyting in DIGU mode, but it does send a carrier in CW mode. In v2 it would seemingly always send a carrier regardless of what mode was selected. 

2) I am working 60m and 40m FT8. I use the ATU on 60m but not on 40m. I created two TX profiles, one called FT8-1 and one called FT8-2 and assigned one to each station.  Toggling the ATU at one station toggles the setting at the other station even though they are using different TX Profiles.  Not sure if this is the expected behavior. If it is, then I am wondering if there is a way to run M1 and use the ATU on some bands and not others. 

3) When I disconnect and reconnect SmartSDR, the running instances of CAT and DAX need to be disconnected and reconnected before they work. I am using SmartLink. In v2 closing and re-connecting CAT and DAX was not usually necessary. 

4) I have been intermittently getting the error "No TX slice is selected" in spite of having a TX slice selected in SmartSDR.  This occurs with one instance connected to the 6600 and also with two instances connected.  I played with the CAT settings and toggled "auto switch TX slice". This does work and selects the correct TX slice, but there is still an error message about no TX slice being selected and the rig does not TX. Rebooting the 6600 appears to have resolved this one. 

Any  advice would be appreciated, or confirmation of bugs found if applicable. 

Matt NQ6N

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hi Matt

I just tested your item 1 on my 6600M with the radio in DIGU.  Tune does in fact function.

At the moment, I haven't had a chance to test what you are seeing with the Tune button.  

Can you describe your network setup and what the 2 clients you are using are?  SmartSDR, Maestro?  I'm guessing they are 2 PC's.

Mike

• Matt NQ6N
    Matt NQ6N Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Mike  -- I'm using two PCs both in my remote operating position location, both connected to the 6600 via SmartLink.  

Strangely, clicking the tune button in DIGU mode does change the highlight color of the button, but the rig does not transmit a carrier.  Switching the mode to CW makes the tune button send a carrier as expected, but then switching it back to DIGU causes it to no longer send a carrier when Tune is pressed. 

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hi Matt

I'm going to turn this into a support ticket.

Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.