SSDR IOS via ipad 5 (2017)dropping connection

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • (Edited)
I have been using the 2017 ipad with ssdr ios and flex 6500 for about a month now operating exclusively in cw.   It is really a pleasure but ocassionally in the middle of a qso, while sending or receiving,  the connection between the radio and ipad drops.  The software quits and goes to the ipad home screen.  I can usually resume the qso by restarting the app, and it goes right back to the same frequency but I usually miss a few words or If I am sending it does get a little embarrassing.  This is ios 11.  Flex 6500.   I am running a strong mesh network which provides  speeds of 170mbps down and 36mbps up verified at the ipad.  The Rig is hardwired via cat 6 cable.  The ipad is set for a fast network and to prevent sleep mode.   Any ideas on what could be causing this?

(PS- I run ssdr on windows via the same wifi network and have never experienced any disconnects even when the PC is at the same location as the ipad).

Tks
Vin
wz2j

Photo of Vin Jacobo

Vin Jacobo

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Nigel - G0JKN/W2

Nigel - G0JKN/W2

• 28 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
ok bob !  im same app but 6700 and 6300 and some times (not often) get the same thing the screen slows (waterfall) then stops audio carries on! but a reboot of the app gets you back.. a little annoying oh and i am on an IPad 6 (16gb)  Windows works fine.

Photo of iPhone Customer Support Number

iPhone Customer Support Number

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello, i am facing the issue that whenever i try to restore my iphone it shows an error message that the phone can't be recover. It also shows the message of error code 2001. I try to solve this issue but unable to solve this issue. Then my friend suggests me to visit iPhone Customer Support Number for the solution.
Photo of David Decoons wo2x

David Decoons wo2x, Elmer

• 1179 Posts
  • 239 Reply Likes
I would be very careful with the above post recommending iphonecustomersupportnumber web site. Looks very bogus to me and I would NOT click on the link.

If you need support on your iPad go to Apple's official web site https://www.apple.com/ 

Dave wo2x

• 1185 Posts
  • 242 Reply Likes
Is your mesh network set up with multiple access points on different frequencies? Wondering if the iPad can be sampling other WiFi channels looking for stronger access points? 

Is there something running in the background on the iPad causing interruption of the WiFi? Try a cold boot of the iPad by holding the Home and Power buttons until you see the Apple logo (ignore the "Slide to shut down" message.

Dave wo2x

Photo of Doug

Doug

• 104 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
My question is (and I am having the same problem in ssb) is where do you go for help for this software. I don't see any link to the author for help. Once buying the program it seems you are on your own for support.

• 1180 Posts
  • 239 Reply Likes
You can post your questions here. Marcus (author) and other Community members can get you help quickly.

A good guide to answer common questions is available here
https://manuals.roskosch.de/smartsdr-ios/

For official support open a HelpDesk ticket
https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new 

There is support for the app officially through the HelpDesk but you may find your answer and get a quicker response by searching or posting on the Community.

Dave wo2x
(Edited)
Photo of Doug

Doug

• 104 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
OK thanks Dave I have never seen the manual for this software, never knew it existed ! This would have been a great deal of help instead of me trying to figure everything out. I must of missed it if it was mentioned when I purchased the program.  When I say manual I mean the manual for the Ipad APP.
(Edited)