Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR IOS via ipad 5 (2017)dropping connection

Vin Jacobo
Vin Jacobo Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have been using the 2017 ipad with ssdr ios and flex 6500 for about a month now operating exclusively in cw.   It is really a pleasure but ocassionally in the middle of a qso, while sending or receiving,  the connection between the radio and ipad drops.  The software quits and goes to the ipad home screen.  I can usually resume the qso by restarting the app, and it goes right back to the same frequency but I usually miss a few words or If I am sending it does get a little embarrassing.  This is ios 11.  Flex 6500.   I am running a strong mesh network which provides  speeds of 170mbps down and 36mbps up verified at the ipad.  The Rig is hardwired via cat 6 cable.  The ipad is set for a fast network and to prevent sleep mode.   Any ideas on what could be causing this?

(PS- I run ssdr on windows via the same wifi network and have never experienced any disconnects even when the PC is at the same location as the ipad).

Tks
Vin
wz2j

Comments

• Nigel
    Nigel Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    ok bob !  im same app but 6700 and 6300 and some times (not often) get the same thing the screen slows (waterfall) then stops audio carries on! but a reboot of the app gets you back.. a little annoying oh and i am on an IPad 6 (16gb)  Windows works fine.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited September 2018
    I would be very careful with the above post recommending iphonecustomersupportnumber web site. Looks very bogus to me and I would NOT click on the link.

If you need support on your iPad go to Apple's official web site https://www.apple.com/ 

Dave wo2x

• David Decoons, wo2x
    edited June 2020
    Is your mesh network set up with multiple access points on different frequencies? Wondering if the iPad can be sampling other WiFi channels looking for stronger access points? 

Is there something running in the background on the iPad causing interruption of the WiFi? Try a cold boot of the iPad by holding the Home and Power buttons until you see the Apple logo (ignore the "Slide to shut down" message.

Dave wo2x

• Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    My question is (and I am having the same problem in ssb) is where do you go for help for this software. I don't see any link to the author for help. Once buying the program it seems you are on your own for support.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited September 2018
    You can post your questions here. Marcus (author) and other Community members can get you help quickly.

A good guide to answer common questions is available here
    https://manuals.roskosch.de/smartsdr-ios/

For official support open a HelpDesk ticket
    https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new 

There is support for the app officially through the HelpDesk but you may find your answer and get a quicker response by searching or posting on the Community.

Dave wo2x
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    OK thanks Dave I have never seen the manual for this software, never knew it existed ! This would have been a great deal of help instead of me trying to figure everything out. I must of missed it if it was mentioned when I purchased the program.  When I say manual I mean the manual for the Ipad APP.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.