Slice Master 6000 v0.10.6 is now available

• Idea
  • Updated 1 week ago
As usual, you can head over to https://github.com/K1DBO/slice-master-6000 to read the latest README or just download the latest zip from https://github.com/K1DBO/slice-master-6000/releases.  This time around, the zip file contains a version of the documentation that you can open in your browser.

Slice Master 6000 v0.10.6 welcomes JTDX to the family of third party programs it can now launch.  It also features "quick launch" buttons, a user interface enhancement that allows any program to be launched on any slice with a simple button press.  If the auto launch features of Slice Master arent quite your style, or you have multiple programs you use in DIGU mode, quick launch buttons just might be for you.

For reasons ranging from personal preference to broken DAX drivers I've received many request to allow CW Skimmer to make the decision between MME and WDM soundcard drivers.  As in the past, Slice Master will continue to set the particular DAX device for you, but now you can change which family of drivers will be used and your change will persist between runs.

Lou, N2TU had an interesting request this time around.  He likes to have his RX EQ settings track his preference by mode.  A new option was added to the Mixer settings to enable this.

When enabled, your RX EQ settings will be saved and restored through mode changes.  

Two "solo follows" options were also added (v0.10.5h) to mute audio from all but the active or TX slice. Combine that with the new N1MM+ 'follows focus'

options for some extra audio control while contesting.

A bug was recently reported regarding Slice Master's ability to maintain the window geometry and position for WSJT-X.  That bug remains but there is a work around.  After your windows are positioned to your liking, use the 'X' button on WSJT-X to exit the program.  Then, have Slice Master re-launch it.  The window positions in use at the time WSJT-X was closed will be used.  Now, it turns that JTDX has the same problem and the same work around.

Many other small bugs have been addressed, and I'm sure many new bugs have been introduced.  Please send an email to the address shown in the splash screen if I've managed to break your favorite feature or neglected to repair an annoyance.  Bug reports and feature requests are always welcome.

--Don

Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 475 Posts
  • 77 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1145 Posts
  • 399 Reply Likes
Awesome work Don!
Photo of Andy - KU7T

Andy - KU7T

• 211 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Thanks Don.  I am using on CW Skimmer, but this version seems very stable to me. I can switch bands, modes and CW Skimmer comes back up on its own whenever it makes sense. 

And the option to allow WDM sound card devices saves me from toggling this everytime manually. Keep it up!

Andy
KU7T
Photo of Sergey Abrikosov

Sergey Abrikosov

• 178 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Hi Don,
As we discussed through e-mails, I still cannot install it on win10.
No idea why...
Sergey, KN7K
Photo of Andy - KU7T

Andy - KU7T

• 211 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Sergey, 

This sounds like something is preventing or not allowing it to run. Virusscanner off? Is this a corporate computer with group policy?

Check your Windows Event log for anything meaningful also. 

Andy
KU7T