Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Originally bought and paid for 2 major software upgrades for my 6700 in 2012 at Dayton. However aft

Options
N4AB
N4AB Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Originally bought and paid for 2 major software upgrades for my 6700 in 2012 at Dayton. However  after loading version 3 the start screen wants me to buy a license. What do I do  to get my paid for update?
Al, N4AB

Comments

• John N6NTM
    John N6NTM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Did they say upgrading was FREE for life......we all should be helping with the cost of making our VERY NICE RADIOS even better Without Having to go out and buy another radio.....there is lots to read on this matter.....we had a huge discussion just two weeks ago.....Flex is being VERY fair about upgrades .....you only have to pay for upgrades......IF YOU WANT THEM....bug fixes and that sort of thing are free.......KEEP UP THE GOOOOOD WORK FLEX.......we love you....N6NTM....
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Open a help desk ticket for them to authorize your radio.
  • Abed - AB5ED
    Abed - AB5ED Inactive Employee
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Al, please open a helpdesk ticket with your radio's serial number and the order invoice if you have it.  https://helpdesk.flexradio.com
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Just hit the EMAIL help and email Matt and he should fix it, they did mine took about 20 minutes then just hit the retry in smartsdr and should be there. 
    He is probably gone for the evening now but just explain it in your email to sales they can look it up.

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Thanks John, Mack, Abed & Richard,
    Thought that would be the answer, but wanted to know if anyone might have had a different answer.
    To John, I never expected  "Free for Life". However after waiting since June of 2012  when I put my $2100 down on the 6700, and waiting since June of 2013 when I got the radio, I wanted to make sure that the Upgrade pre-manufacturing offer I took "advantage" of was in the works for me. I like my Radio and I also think that the corporation has been more then fair with there dealings with its customers and me. Right now the 6700 is very close to what was promised at Dayton in 2012 and actually has a few "extras" added. I have no problem paying for any upgrades that will make my radio better or even some things that may be in the catagory of "It works fine now but this software revision will be a improvement in speed, stability or ease of use". I will echo your "KEEP UP THE GOOOOOD WORK FLEX" comment.

As a comment on business practice, the "many people" who put our faith and down payments
    into Flex's promises basically gave an interest free loan to Flex radio to "help" develop and manufacture a radio we could see would be a Winner. I'm sure we did not cover the total cost but it was a help an also a confidence builder for Flex to see there was a market for the first major change (SDR) in how amateur radio receiver/transmitters functioned.
    Thanks Flex.
    Al, N4AB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.