Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro external PTT

AB9UU
AB9UU Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Radiosport hand key will key Maestro but not Amp. I have a Radiosport Heaset which when I press the transmit button on the headset will key both the maestro and my Expert Amp.  When I connect the Radiosport Hand Switch, only the Maestro keys.  Any ideas or setting I need to change.  In the house I have DDUtil but am planning on running mobile only connecting the Maestro to a Flex 6300 I will have in the trunk with an ALS 500 Amp.

Answers

• AB9UU
    AB9UU Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    From the manual I see this:

PTT OVERRIDE WHEN OPERATING LAN REMOTE
    When    operating    in    a    non    DIGx    mode,    using    a    hardware    PTT    such    as    the    RCA    PTT    input    on    the    transceiver    back    panel    or    the    transceiver    front    panel    microphone    PTT    will    override    the    Maestro    PTT.   
    This    feature    is    provided    to    allow    an    operator    at    the    transceiver    to    override    the    Maestro    input    with    a    PTT    switch    connected    directly    to    the    radio.  

Does this mean I need to have the hand switch connected to the transceiver and not the Maestro.  Sort of defeats the purpose - doesn't it?
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    Can you tell me where each of the two devices are plugged in (which device and port)?
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    AB9UU, this might not be the case but it happened to me.... make sure the jack in the maestro is fully inserted. I was having a similar problem on my first day of operation with the maestro and it was due to the plug not being all the way in.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.