key 6300 remote laptop

• Question
  • Updated 7 days ago
Is there any way to key the radio besides mox i know the spacebar will after you select mox first but if you click anything else the spacebar no longer works. i would really like to key with an external device via usb. 
Photo of clint yates

clint yates

• 44 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Michael Walker

Michael Walker, Employee

• 268 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
Photo of Steven Linley

Steven Linley

• 216 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
There's a jack in the back, I plug in my foot switch.
Photo of clint yates

clint yates

• 44 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
im remote but thanks
Photo of Rick - W5FCX

Rick - W5FCX

• 202 Posts
  • 50 Reply Likes
Frstack adds hotkey support; eg assign F1 to MOX for PTT. There’s also SmartCAT interface. Create a new SmartCAT port configured for PTT and configure.
Photo of Michael Walker

Michael Walker, Employee

• 265 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
Correct!  I forgot at using FRSTACK.  There many ways to do it.
Photo of WX7Y

WX7Y

• 536 Posts
  • 98 Reply Likes
Simply use a RS232 port on your remote computer and using SmartCAT setup for PTT and short between ground pin and the DTR or RTS pins ON your REMOTE computer, NO NEED for 3rd party application AT ALL.
you have set up a couple Real com ports to use on more the 1 Slice even. 
Works slick for Foot switch or say a Mobile type or Heil MIC with the PTT switch on it. 

Could not be simpler.
73's
Bret
WX7Y

Photo of Michael Walker

Michael Walker, Employee

• 265 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
Bret is correct.  That is what I do at times.  I have a foot switch with a DB9 on it that plugs into an RS232/USB adapter that is connected to my laptop.  The foot switch grounds DTR and that sends the PTT signal to the radio.  

It works very well, and I wrote it up in detail about a year ago here in the community.
Photo of Emni Petro

Emni Petro

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
If you can't get the remote button to activate it is because of the program cannot get the proper sound in an input and output. It has in computer built-in speaker and mic. would you know more about the solution of it visit the hp support team and they provide the service related to it.