Heil 781 for Maestro...cable?

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
I want to order a Heil 781 to use with my Maestro/6400.  Anybody know the correct cable I will need?  There are lots of choices and the dealers are giving me inconsistent answers.  I am planning on getting the Heil boom and Heil shock mount too.  Thanks.
Joe
Photo of Joseph Hill

Joseph Hill

• 43 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of David Merchant

David Merchant

• 36 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
To use the PR781 Mic with a Maestro, you would likely need the Heil CC-1-XLR-YM.  It's a Modular 8-pin adapter with Yaesu Pinout to XLR Plug.  I'm not sure what would be needed with the 6400.  I would call Heil Sound and ask them.  THey are very helpful.  73, Dave, K1DLM
Photo of Joseph Hill

Joseph Hill

• 43 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks David.
Photo of Maher Dazaz

Maher Dazaz

• 8 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Photo of Joseph Hill

Joseph Hill

• 43 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks Maher
Photo of Joseph Hill

Joseph Hill

• 43 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
let me ask you guys a further question so the cable that goes from the Heil 781 to the maestro is a different cable that goes from the Heil 781 to the flex 6400 so for a base station microphone on a boom and I am I better off plugging the microphone into the Maestro or into the 6400 add another question is as a maestro user can I plug the microphone into the 6400 if I'm always using the maestro
Photo of Michael Walker

Michael Walker, Technologist

• 721 Posts
  • 204 Reply Likes
Yes, they are different.  

If the radio is nearby, I would plug it in the radio and not the Maestro.  

Yes, you can select a Mic plugged into the radio while using the Maestro.
Photo of Joseph Hill

Joseph Hill

• 43 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks Michael
Photo of Gene Duprey

Gene Duprey

• 77 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
My Shure 55 is plugged into my 6500 balanced jack, and I am using the Maestro with no issues.  Not sure what the 6600 uses, but there are adapters to use it on multiple connectors.

Gene, K1GD