I guess I am a rare bird in this crowd; that has not had issues with my Flex 6700.
My issues have been caused by my errors or by not following the instructions. I'm an average computer savvy, self though and a better than good electronic none graduate engineer: One year short of getting my EE from CSUN at the age of 50.
The reason I bring this up, is just that I see so many "this fail" "don't work" issues on this forum. The majority of the time they are from the same individuals. Apparently they are over their head in this new and challenging state of the art in progress. No wonder why there are so many Flex haters in the ham community.
Which, brings me to what motivated me to praise FlexRadio System for the challenge they have under taken:
1. If you don't read and follow the instructions; you'll fail.
2. If you do not understand what you read; ask question.
3. If your computer does not meet the specification; you'll fail.
4. If you don't look for solutions in this forum; you are asking question that properly has already been answer.
5. If your radio worked better with the old SmartSDR version; uninstall the new version. And wait for another release that will make you happy.
Criticize what needs to be criticize, offer suggestions or ideas that we could all use.
Win7/64 -i7 Quad core - 8GB of memory - home made
Flex-6700 Signature radio GPSDO
SmartSDR 1.2 since version 1.3 did not offer me anything new.
HRD 6.2 that is working very well, no issues on all modes.
ONE HAPPY CAMPER!
Be the first to post a reply!