Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex-6700 No Failure or Errors!

Options
Ernest - W4EG
Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
edited January 2015 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

I guess I am a rare bird in this crowd; that has not had issues with my Flex 6700. 

My issues have been caused by my errors or by not following the instructions.  I'm an average computer savvy, self though and a better than good electronic none graduate engineer: One year short of getting my EE from CSUN at the age of 50.

The reason I bring this up, is just that I see so many "this fail" "don't work" issues on this forum. The majority of the time they are from the same individuals. Apparently they are over their head in this new and challenging state of the art in progress.  No wonder why there are so many Flex haters in the ham community.

Which, brings me to what motivated me to praise FlexRadio System for the challenge they have under taken:

1. If you don't read and follow the instructions; you'll fail.

2. If you do not understand what you read; ask question.

3. If your computer does not meet the specification; you'll fail.

4. If you don't look for solutions in this forum; you are asking question that properly has already been answer. 

5. If your radio worked better with the old SmartSDR version; uninstall the new version. And wait for another release that will make you happy.

Criticize what needs to be criticize, offer suggestions or ideas that we could all use.

Happily using;

Win7/64 -i7 Quad core - 8GB of memory -  home made

Flex-6700 Signature radio GPSDO

SmartSDR 1.2 since version 1.3 did not offer me anything new.

HRD 6.2 that is working very well, no issues on all modes.

ONE HAPPY CAMPER!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.