FLEX-6500 v1.6 Hangs on Bootup

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • In Progress
  • (Edited)
Anybody have a FLEX-6x00 radio with v1.6 that
"hangs" before the boot cycle is complete? The radio makes it through the “Calibration” cycle but when “FLEX-6500” is displayed, the green power LED never stops flashing!? Of course, once the green LED stops flashing, the boot cycle is complete and the radio appears online in the “Radio Setup” dialog window. My radio never appears online...

I need to get the radio booted up ASAP so that I can be on a pre-NAQP SSB Audio Check net tonight at 7:15 PM. Anybody know of a workaround or have a FLEX-provided solution to get the radio booted up without doing a full factory reset (holding in the “OK” and “Power” buttons until the timer counts down to zero)? I can do a factory reset as a workaround but I would rather not have to resort to that measure.

TIA es 73, Dave K4EET

<edit> P.S. The reason that I do not want to do a factory reset to boot the radio is because I have a lot of ***NEW*** Profile settings that have NOT been saved...  :( 

Photo of Rev. David E. Hamm, K4EET

Rev. David E. Hamm, K4EET

• 83 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
  • Anxious: Have a pre-NAQP SSB contest net at 7:15 PM EST tonight with my contest club...

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9199 Posts
  • 3559 Reply Likes
Official Response
The issue David has reported is a confirmed software defect.  It manifest itself after more that approximately 45 profiles have been imported into the radio.  We are working on a fix, however in the mean time, refrain from importing more than 45 profiles into your radio.