Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX 6500 - POWER ONLY 20 watts

Options
ALEX
ALEX Member
Flex 6500   radio works well only 1 day. When i am TX QSO I saw an error on LED, then radio to reboot and power became only 20 watts/ all band/ all mode/ ATU also work bad/

Comments

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Check your power supply voltage at the radio.
  • ALEX
    ALEX Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    power is ok)) but 21 watts and 8.35 ampers )) is really?
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Alex, check your cables and antenna(s) and then reset your radio, having saved
    your profiles (if you have any) first. Then try again with 10w tuning power and check
    SWR. Also check your power supply for voltage (I use 14 volts for all TRX and RX)
    and your power cables. I had a bad connection for my low voltage cables once,
    which gave off a bit of magic smoke ;-)
    73 Alex - DH2ID
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    21 watts at 8.35 amps sounds like digital mode to me rather then SSB...  take a look at the mode you are in make sure it's USB or LSB not DIGU or DIGL

• Mike KD2CJJ
    Mike KD2CJJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    just put it on a dummy load and remove the antenna system from the equation.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Being a hardware related report, I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.
  • ALEX
    ALEX Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    1 trazistor RD 100 is damage((((((((((((((((((
  • Mike KD2CJJ
    Mike KD2CJJ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    That sucks! Is it in warrantee? Can you remeber what you were doing when it happened? Or just bad luck?
  • ALEX
    ALEX Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    warrantee yes, but flex in Antarctida and i cant send to US/ I work on delta loop anten whith ATU, flex gave mistake and restart, after only 20 watts/  I did all restart chek cabels, and other/ After  I check tranzistors in driver and amplifier/ driver all good, amplifier - left RD100hf1  - bad/ Soon will change myself/

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.