DAX 1.3.8 problem

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved

FLEX 6300 / Win7pro ( IT layman, all IT background is self taught )

SSDR 1.3.8 upgrade works great for me except for DAX 1.3.8.  Dax was working flawlessly on SSDR 1.3.0  (DAX1.0.5) however after multiple attempts to correct the issue on my own I have submitted this problem post and I suspect this was an install problem on my part and not an issue with the software but I am lost in finding a solution .

If I do a downgrade to SSDR 1.3.0 DAX works great again. When I upgrade to 1.3.8 this is what I notice. The DAX 1.3.8 TX and RCV drivers install ok. The DAX icon will not install on the tray bar at pc power up like it did for dax 1.0.5.

Even after starting the dax 1.3.8 with administrative privileges, this is what I notice. The host pc recognizes dax 1.3.8 and all dax channels are listed in the pc's sound control panel. Third party software can access dax 1.3.8 channels and TX levels from the third party software are displayed on the leds on the pc sound control panel, however, this is the only leds that are reflecting any activity unlike dax 1.0.5 where more than one channel was indicating activity when the pc's sound control panel was opened.

The DAX control panel however indicates no activity on receive or tx and dax iq indicates no activity as well. It is as if the pc and third party software acknowledge dax 1.3.8 but my flex 6300 does not, yet the flex 6300 acknowledges the other upgrades found in SSDR 1.3.8. I have tried the dax channel switching, opening and closing dax, pc reboots and flex reboots but the flex 6300 still fails to recognize dax 1.3.8. However, If I do a simple downgrade to SSDR 1.3.0 dax is working great again.

Where am I going wrong ?


tnx,

mike km9r

I

Photo of km9r.mike

km9r.mike

  • 425 Posts
  • 62 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

  • 1
Photo of km9r.mike

km9r.mike

  • 425 Posts
  • 62 Reply Likes
Official Response

Resolved : As I initially posted SSDR 1.3.8 upgrade worked great for me except for DAX. DAX worked fine in 1.3.0 but not after upgrading to 1.3.8. After getting semi frustrated I downgraded to 1.3.0 and left it that way for about two months since I was busy with other things.

What worked differently for me was I removed SSDR completely then reinstalled from the disk. Prior to running the 1.3.8 installer, I removed the 1.3.8 folders that were in "C". I just ran the 1.3.8 installer again tonight and for the first time when I upgraded the radio the upgrade status bar displayed full scale to the right well after 5 min with the radio not displaying as available. So like Steve instructs when this happens just power off the radio and power it back on. The radio was now available in the SSDR start window.

I selected the 6300 opened the DAX control window selected a dax channel and got nervous because I was not seeing any rate nor led indication. I remember someone suggesting selecting and reselecting the dax channel in the dax control window and VOILA I now have both rate and led indication for receive. One down and one to go. I select DIGL because I was using MMTY last on 1.3.0. Open MMTY and it too is seeing the audio in. Good news. Momentarily select the tx on the SSDR control window and then transmit a macro from MMTY. Happy days dax is now working for me on 1.3.8.

I suspect that this issue was self induced during my initial upgrade to 1.3.8 and for me at least it appears that removing the old 1.3.8 folders in "C" resolved the issue. Again I am not computer savy enough to know for certain but for now I am happy that dax works in 1.3.8 for me.

Thanks for suggesting that I ensure those folders were removed.