D-Star Problem with 6500

• Problem
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Acknowledged

Attempted to setup DSTAR simplex mode today but it acts like the ThumbDV dongle isn't working correctly.  Followed the directions precisely according to the D-Star How To Guide.  The fellow on the other end saw my Call Sign one time out of many attempts but never any audio.  His panadapter (and mine) showed a short burst of the expected TX pattern followed by a narrow carrier signal at the center frequency during PTT.   When He Transmits I occasionally see his Call Sign come through and a reasonable looking panadapter and waterfall presentation but no audio.  We both tested with and without amplifiers and in normal sideband, audio and signal strength was very good . I stuck the Thumb DV into my PC and it loaded drivers and said the ThumbDV was ready to use.  Put it back in my 6500 and same as before.  Used software versions 1.9.13.23 and 1.10.15 Beta with same results.  Power cycled, uninstalled and reinstalled waveforms with no change.  I also have a 6300 which I'm about to try but the 6500 is D-Star challenged.  Has anyone seen anything like this?

Photo of Bruce WB3BW

Bruce WB3BW

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9148 Posts
  • 3466 Reply Likes
Official Response
I have entered this problem report into our bug tracker (issue #4457) for additional investigation. Thank you for the defect report.