Connect Flex 1500 to Elecraft KXPA100 amplifier

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I wish to connect my Flex 1500 to my Elecraft KXPA100 amplifier. I wish to know if there are any ready made to buy cables out there which will connect these two units? I am guessing it has to go through the flexwire port. I solder terribly so I can't do it myself. de N2LRB
Photo of N2LRB

N2LRB

• 22 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Jd Dupuy

Jd Dupuy

• 155 Posts
  • 60 Reply Likes
Have you researched the manuals for both pieces of equipment you are wanting to connect? I think you will find your answer quicker than I can type it all out.
Photo of N2LRB

N2LRB

• 22 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
HI Jd, I am looking to buy a ready made cable so that the radio keys (ptt?) the amplifier. If that is the answer. If you know the answer give me a hint. Am I looking for a cable or can I just hook the coax?
(Edited)
Photo of elan

elan

• 140 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
w2ihy made this cable  
73 elan g0uut
Photo of N2LRB

N2LRB

• 22 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Jd, thanks again for getting back to me. You wrote what I did not want the answer to be, LOL. I am absolutely terrible, at creating such things. Which is why I wanted to purchase one. When ordering my Flex 1500 yesterday, I never thought that the connection between the radio and my Elecraft KXPA100 would be a problem. I may not have ordered the radio. QRP is not for me. But since I already have an amp, I figured why not use it? Silly me. I wonder why Flex chose such a connector when others use RCA on both ends? Again thanks! I will have to create the cable and hope it will work.
Photo of N2LRB

N2LRB

• 22 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Elan, I checked and will call W2IHY today to see if maybe they can create the cable. Thanks. 
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9052 Posts
  • 3435 Reply Likes
Julius (W2IHY) makes primarily audio cables to interface the FLEX-1500 to his audio products.  Although he may be willing to make one.
Photo of N2LRB

N2LRB

• 22 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Update: I e-mailed Julian and he does not make that cable. I guess I am gonna have to make my own. You all don't know how much I dread the thought. There is a part I read about some resister too. I know nothing about electronics.  Woe is me. Will let you know what happens. Thanks for all your responses.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.