Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

After "Transmit slice not selected" Flex do not follow N1MM in SO2R CW a while

2»

Answers

• Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Hi Jon, I will test. But I am quite sure that without a device like mikroham that controll audio mix between earphones this cannot be achieved with only Flexradio and N1MN unless you manually switch to stereo between the time radio A just stops CQ (earphones both on radio B) and radio B prepares to send F2 message. During T4 time slot. Mikroham does this completely automatically as I understand with the PTT line. Looking forward hearing from you.
    73 Kari
  • Jon_EA2W
    Jon_EA2W Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Hi Kari,

I just saw you opened a new post to talk about this topic so I think the best is to continue our post exchanges on the new one. Just to answer to your last question, yes Microham u2R handles the audio switching to be able to perform 2BSIQ operation, but still comunicates with N1MM to receive Stereo or Mono status (switched with tilde key in N1MM) and also the PTT status. Here is an extract of the microham user manual to elaborate on how it works:

The comunication with N1MM is handled by the MK2R protocol despite the OTRSP protocol Flex radios are using. But anyway, both protocols exchanges the same information as far as I know. The important point here is the last sentence of the photo: The "Stereo" state overrides all other states. This means that if Stereo Mode is selected on N1MM, when no TX, you will have stereo audio on your headphones and when you TX on one radio/slice you will hear the other one in both ears.

I think N1MM "focus other" function shall handle the audio switching when TXing as we expect when both radios/slices are in RUN mode, please let me know the result of your testings.

I will copy this post on the other one you just opened to follow up our discussion there.

Thank you!

Jon, EA2OT

• Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Steve, any news on this issue? Solved? 
    73 Kari 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.