6400M/6600M - Multi Client

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Answered
I understand that in order to remotely control a 6400M/6600M over the Internet, since it already has an integrated, and non removable,  Maestro bolted on the front of its chassis, remote capability will require the so-called "Multi Client" feature.

I saw a previous post stating Multi Client will not be included in V2.0.

My conclusion: When I receive my 6600M, I will not be able to operate it remotely over the Internet via WAN, because although it will arrive loaded with V2.0, it will not include "Multi Client." Further, I also understand  there is no date projected for "Multi Client." 

If this is true, this seem like it is a huge consideration for deciding between the 6400/6600 versus the 6400M/6600M.

As Bill O'Reilly so often says, "Where am I going wrong here?"

Thanks for any insight on this!

Photo of Larry - WA7LZO

Larry - WA7LZO

• 154 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 8498 Posts
  • 3181 Reply Likes
Official Response
First off, sorry for the delay in answering.  I was off for the long 4th weekend, but contrary to popular belief I was not on a beach or lounging by the pool.  We were busy working on getting SmartSDR v2.0 through the Release Candidate stage of testing in preparation for its release.

When the FLEX-6400M and FLEX-66M are released, if multi-client is not yet available, you WILL be able to use either the front panel controls -OR- connect to them via the network connection and run the version of SmartSDR those radios support.  When multi-client is released, you will be able to do both at the same time.

The displays in the "M" models are not the same as in the Maestro.  They are sharper and have a higher screen resolution.