I upgraded to 1.6 and everything seemed to working until I went to use WSPR. Everything seems to function except no transmit, so I suspect it’s a PTT problem. Below are my settings. It seemed logical to me to use Com 5 for PTT. I guess I was wrong. Any suggestions?
I see that Ed has already addressed some of these...
1) Does your WSPR program have a CAT command method of PTT? If so, you can have the program use that instead of a serial DTR method and save a COM port. Why use two of them when one will suffice?
2) Do you have the DAX TX Channel button active in the DAX Control panel?
3) Do you have the DAX Button active on the Transmit panel (Next to the MIC controls)
4) If you are using the Serial PTT method on Com 5... when you defined the COM port, did you click the box that said use DTR to key it?
5) Is your COM5 port a leftover from your previous SSDR/CAT installation? If so, you may need to delete the port, reboot the computer, check to make sure that it doesn't remain as a phantom/ghost port, then redefine port 5 as a PTT/DTR port.
Ken - NM9P
I want to thank everyone for their help. When I tried WSPR this morning, it was working. I suspect one of your suggestions fixed the problem and all I needed to do was restart the computer.
At 75, I am not new to computers and wrote my first programs in what would be called machine language these days, and I think the last programming language I was really proficient in was FORTRAN. After leaving the EE community, I played with C++, but never became proficient in the language. I love this mixture of computing and amateur radio. It’s also great that there are always people here willing to rescue this “old timer.”
GD DX & 73