Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

1.6 & WSPR

KC0EM
KC0EM Member ✭✭

Hi,

I upgraded to 1.6 and everything seemed to working until I went to use WSPR. Everything seems to function except no transmit, so I suspect it’s a PTT problem. Below are my settings. It seemed logical to me to use Com 5 for PTT. I guess I was wrong. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Ed.G
    Ed.G FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Can you take screenshot of your DAX control panel? The TX Stream must be enabled (highlighted blue). 

Also, in SmartSDR is the DAX button selected in the mic selection panel? 

• Rob Fissel
    Rob Fissel Member
    edited January 2016
    Turn your PTT method to CAT instead of DTR and get rid of the PTT COM port. That is what is working for me...

I'd suggest also upgrading to WSJT-X 1.6 - which contains WSPR-2. No more switching between programs!
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Some questions to consider.  Disregard if you have already considered these...
    I see that Ed has already addressed some of these...

1) Does your WSPR program have a CAT command method of PTT?  If so, you can have the program use that instead of a serial DTR method and save a COM port.  Why use two of them when one will suffice?

2) Do you have the DAX TX Channel button active in the DAX Control panel?

3) Do you have the DAX Button active on the Transmit panel (Next to the MIC controls)

4) If you are using the Serial PTT method on Com 5... when you defined the COM port, did you click the box that said use DTR to key it?

5) Is your COM5 port a leftover from your previous SSDR/CAT installation?  If so, you may need to delete the port, reboot the computer, check to make sure that it doesn't remain as a phantom/ghost  port, then redefine port 5 as a PTT/DTR port.

Good luck,

Ken - NM9P
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    WOW...Fast group.  I see that two other guys typed faster than I did and beat me to the answers...but there weren't as wordy as I am!

Ken - NM9P
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I Just noticed...you have CAT port enabled in your WSPR program for COM 5 and your PTT port defined for COM 4.  But your SmartCAT ports are defined the other way...PTT is on COM 5 and CAT is COM 4....There's yer problem...

But I would use a single port for CAT and use CAT PTT anyway....
  • Rob Fissel
    Rob Fissel Member
    edited January 2016
    What you meant to write, Ken, is that our answers weren't as complete as yours!

It also looks like he's using an old version of WSPR. WSJT-X 1.6 is really great - improved decoding performance, and folds in a lot of other modes into the same software - WSPR, FSK441, etc. 
  • KC0EM
    KC0EM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Starting at the top. DAX is selected. Below is the DAX control panel.
  • KC0EM
    KC0EM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Still no luck, but I am out of time and must get back to work. Tnxs to all. 73
  • KC0EM
    KC0EM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017

Hi,

I want to thank everyone for their help. When I tried WSPR this morning, it was working. I suspect one of your suggestions fixed the problem and all I needed to do was restart the computer.

At 75, I am not new to computers and wrote my first programs in what would be called machine language these days, and I think the last programming language I was really proficient in was FORTRAN. After leaving the EE community, I played with C++, but never became proficient in the language. I love this mixture of computing and amateur radio. It’s also great that there are always people here willing to rescue this “old timer.”

GD DX & 73

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.