Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I have a new Maestro "C". I have the sidetone turned all the way up and I cannot hear it.

Options

I have reset the radio (remove power supply wait 5 min plug in ps while holding the start button down) Radio resets, boot Maestro and have sidetone volume set to 100, I only barely hear it in my headset and not at all on the speaker. My previous Maestro (B) would **** me out of the chair with sidetone. What's up?

Answers

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

with your headset unplugged, can you hear it on the Maestro’s speaker?

• Joseph H Wilkowski III
    Options

No, nothing changes when the headset is unplugged. You can just barely hear the sideton in there and it is the same level on both the speaker and headset. A bit of a disappointment since the Maestro is the ONLY way to get a sidetone when using a paddle. (Yes, I know there are workarounds but this should function as advertised)

Thanks for the response.

73's Joe K8FC

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

The CW Sidetone does work, so we want to explore that some setting may be incorrect.

While in CW mode, can you post a screen shot of the TX MENU.

And, I have to ask, your Paddles are plugged into the Maestro or the Radio?

thanks

• Fred KE4Q
    Fred KE4Q Member ✭✭
    Options

The side tone is weak on my Maestro even with the mon level all the way up

• Joseph H Wilkowski III
    Options

Mike, thanks for the response. Screen shot of Maestro included and paddles are plugged into the back of the Maestro.

• Gord-VA7GP
    Gord-VA7GP Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 10
    Options

Hi, @Joseph H Wilkowski III

I'm afraid I cannot help you, but I can provide some hope - my Maestro C achieves same audio level as the station I'm listening to, filling my small ham-shack nicely. Here's a short clip with my "5"s being the equal of W1AW (no, I'm not transmitting atop W1AW :-O )

https://share.icloud.com/photos/033up8k9_0c_LGldiObdHTN2Q

Summary - I find my Maestro C internal speaker is quite OK, with Sidetone level at 80

(Apple will auto-expire this link in 30 days. And Flex's forum won't accept anything other than still images. So enjoy now, or download/save for any duration you like. Sorry, later Googlers)

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Please open a support ticket. thanks

Something unique is wrong with yours.

• Joseph H Wilkowski III
    Options

Good morning, Gord. Thank you very much for your support. This is a temporary problem and when I can devote more time to researching the issue, it will get resolved. If I am reading these presponses correctly, I am not the only person experiencing this issue. It will get solved soon, I am sure.

73's

Joe K8FC

• Mike-VA3MW
    Options

Support ticket created. 73

• Joseph H Wilkowski III
    Options

Thank you for this quick response.  After taking some time this morning reproducing the issue, I want to give you some additional information.  I have the ability to log into a remote Flex 6600 using smart control and my Maestro.  With that radio, I can hear the sidetone but not loud.  I can raise the sidetone volume (using the Maestro TX menu) to 100 it is only marginally better. 
    Joe

• Mike-VA3MW
    Options

add that to your ticket.

• Joseph H Wilkowski III
    Options

I copied you and the ticket in when I responded Mike.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.