Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Lost "sidetone" CWX .

Options

Usually when operating CW with SDDR's macros I hear the "sidetone" . Today I have lost that tone. It happened a month or so ago and it came back after rebooting the 6600 and the Mac computer. Today that did not solve things. I am operating via my LAN, radio is a few feet away in a separate room. Another oddity , executing a CW macro with breaking OFF still sends the CW. Maybe that is not so odd, but first time I have noticed it.

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Make sure that MON is turned on. Look under the CW Tab.

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The MON button goes away when in CW mode using SSDR for Mac. When I switch to USB the MON button reappears and is ON.

Andy K3UK.

• AA5SH
    AA5SH Member ✭✭
    Options

Have you verified you don't have the sidetone level turned down all the way. In this screenshot mine is set to 44 it's the slider above the L/R.

• Andrew O'Brien
    Options

My sidetone volume slider is at about the same as yours. It was working fine yesterday .

Andy K3UK

• Andrew O'Brien
    Options

Solved. It was not a setting in SmartSDR radio control panel, nor a setting in SmarSDR for Mac's audio routing. it was a setting in Mac OS (settings/sound/alerts volume slider ) .

Andy K3UK