Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No SSB transmit audio when using the MOX button

Options

I have a Flex 6400M and when I push the MOX button on the face of the radio, the radio keys up, but I can't transmit SSB. When the button is pushed it glows RED and puts the radio in the transmit mode, but when I talk into the microphone there is no RF output or any meter movement at all. The radio works fine other wise like if I use the PTT on the microphone or use VOX. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Bob W6MTM

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Glad you have it figured out.

I have a feature request in that if I do a hardware PTT (handswitch/footswitch sort of thing) that DAX is turned off for the transmission.

We then have to figure if doing that breaks something else.

No promises of if and when.

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

DAX TX enabled?

I am not sure if MOX overrides DAX TX audio to use mic audio. The RCA PTT in does override DAX TX audio.

Dave wo2x

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Ho Bob, in addition to Dave's question, do you have the proper mic jack selected?

• radioshopbob
    radioshopbob Member ✭✭
    Options

You guys have to read what I said. I am using the Flex 6400M sitting in front of the radio, not using a computer or Maestro. I am sitting using this radio as if it were an ICOM 7300 or Yaesu FT-101B or Kenwood TS-440. All I would like to know is why am I not able to transmit audio on SSB? I can switch to CW and turn off Break IN and push in the MOX button (turns RED) and I talk into the microphone or headset mic. and there is no transmitted audio. I see no power indication on the watt meter and there is no scope indication either. So, there you have it a complete mystery to me. Thanks guys, Bob

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi

I think that Len's question is still valid. You do have to select the correct Mic Input, insure that the Mic gain is set correctly and that TX DAX is off.

Unlike other radios, there are multiple mic input options. You do have to set the correct MIC input.

Also, is this a Maestro A/B or C as there are differences in the MIC connector.

I have highlighted a few things that can cause your situation:

• The MIC may or may not require BIAS
    • Turn on Level Meter During Receive so you can see if MIC audio is working while in RX (why doesn't every radio do this? )
    • Must be in USB or LSB
    • Pick the correct Mic Input - this picture is from a Maestro C, but you want to look for a selection beginning in M- (lower left)
    • Set your MIC Gain to 1/2 way
    • DAX is off
    • Level Meter shows you Mic level - very critical.

You can get to the menu that adjusts these things by pushing the button labeled TX MENU on the right side. You end up pushing in the button that adjusts the MIC gain.

TAP the bar graph meter until you see LEVEL for MIC LEVEL. Very powerful meter and set it so your voice peaks at about -5db.

• radioshopbob
    radioshopbob Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks guys so much for helping me out on this problem. As it turns out, I just needed to push in on the MIC/SPEED knob and that brings up the menu where I did see the DAX was enabled. I disabled DAX and now using the MOX button to transmit on SSB works just fine. Thanks a TON guys, you all are awesome!!!!

Best regards, Bob Meadows W6MTM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.