Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is there a real factory reset?

Options
I just bought a used 6600M. I would like to reset all of the settings to a pristine state before I start configuring it.

I have tried a factory reset (holding in power button until white), as well as a factory reset plus voodoo that I found here (various wait times, disconnecting the power cable with zero volts on it [what the heck does that do?], etc.), but I still find that there are several settings that persist. Examples are the nickname, callsign, remote on, and front speaker. I'm sure there are more, but I got bored doing the experiments. There are some things that are indeed reset by the factory reset, e.g. multiFLEX, so the factory reset seems to be executing. Though the things that are reset seem to be outnumbered by the ones that aren't!

I'd like to know that I've reset everything to a known state. Is there a stronger factory reset that actually sets everything as it came new from the factory?

In leiu of that, is there a list of all of the settings that are not reset by a factory reset?
Tagged:

Answers

• Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Good questions! Some things you probably wouldn't want to reset - serial number, band limits, ...?

• madler
    madler Member
    Options
    Yes, if something in the menu can't be changed in the first place, like the serial number, then it is already at the factory setting.
  • Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Its easy to change the nickname, and network stuff... your callsign. I do not think you would desire blowing off thexradio firmware. Load 3.**** latest stuff. That way you know the o/s is latest jazz. Then get into radio settings and make the radio yours. Anything deeper might brick the thing. You dont want that to happen... **** the turf file. You'll need to resod... make your own profiles and put your own call in. Youll be ok okay?

• madler
    madler Member
    edited April 22
    Options
    Thanks, but sure, I know how to set settings. What I don't know is the full list of settings that are not reset by the so-called "factory reset".
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options
  • madler
    madler Member
    edited April 23
    Options
    Thanks Mike!

I now have the official version of the factory reset plus voodoo. (The one I found before was a partial copy of it.) It acknowledges that the nickname and callsign is not reset by the factory reset, and provides the default values for the nickname and callsign as they come from the factory. Now we're getting somewhere.

What it does not include is a) what are all of the other settings that are not reset by this factory reset?, and b) what are their default values from the factory?

There are several others that I have found are not reset by the factory reset, and likely more that I did not find in my partial search. Ones that I found under Menu are Front Panel:Display, Front Panel:LED, Front Panel:Button backlight, Front Panel:Station name, Radio:Remote on, Radio:Offset, Function keys, and Audio:Front. There may be more under Menu, and perhaps other settings that are accessed not through the Menu.

I am assuming from your answer that what you pointed to is the most thorough factory reset available (though clearly not very thorough). If that is correct, can you answer a) and b) above?
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi

That is all there is.

• madler
    madler Member
    Options
    Thank you for the reply Mike. Ok. So I take your answer to mean that that is all there is for a factory reset. Can you answer the questions: What are all of the other settings that are not reset by this factory reset? (I have given examples of at least a dozen), and: What are their default values from the factory? Thanks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.