Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex Buttons V2.4

Options

This release started with the problem of not having a sidetone for remote stations. This is not the best place to solve the problem, but may help some folks until a better solution comes along. In order to generate an appropriate sidetone for those (almost everyone) using logging software a level of integration is required. I chose to work with N1MM as it appears to be the most widely used program. Read the documentation for details.

I had the code to connect to DX Clusters and send the spots to your radio, so I added a rudimentary form of that into Flex Buttons. I also added the ability to start up GRiTTY and WSJT by adjusting their INI files based on the radio's DAX settings. You can also start CW Skimmer and it's spots will show up on the radio along with DX Cluster spots. If you're using a logging program that supports them it's probably better to start them from the logging program.

Thanks to Len KD0RC, I think I have the CW Speed issues resolved. That should all work a little smoother with this version.

There are so many variations out there in how people are configured with radios, remoteness and auxiliary software that I can't check them all. I try to test with configurations that I can setup here, but I don't come close to full coverage. That said, if you find a problem let me know and I'll do my best to figure out a solution.

Comments

• Keith Regli (K7KAR)
    Options

Forgot to leave the link (again).

http://www.kregli.com

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Keith, thanks for this!

How did the Monitor project go that you mentioned (I am waiting for the other shoe to drop).

Nice work!! I love it when others come up with additional solutions.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.