Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Delay on Transmit monitor

Options
Luke Reynolds
Luke Reynolds Member ✭✭

New Maestro user, when I engage the "Mon" to hear my transmit audio the playback is delayed a 2-3 seconds. I'm wondering if anybody has this. Im using Inrad M686 in Mic 1 with RJ45. Radio is Flex 6300. Network signal is full bars. TX filter set to Low -100 / High 2950 . Im using a M629 Inrad profile as they didnt have one for M686. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Luke,

Yeah, that's a problem … I have a Maestro "B" and was hoping so much they'd fix that in the "C" version (I'm assuming you have the "C" version since you said you're a new user ?). Apparently they route the audio out of the Maestro to the radio, then back to the Maestro with the latency of all of that causing the delay.

It seems to me simply routing the audio from the Maestro mic input amp to the Maestro audio output would be a far better approach. Obviously the latency is now going to be between what you say and when it's transmitted (well, something like 1/2 the latency that's happening this way) but it seems to me that would get buried in normal voice operation anyway most of the time. As it is, the "MON" function is absolutely useless. They might as well just remove it. Sorry. I share your frustration.

By the way, 2-3 seconds is a REALLY long delay ! Mine is about 1/2 to 1 second and Flex has claimed it should be more like .3 seconds in the past. Are you operating remote ?

73 Russ KR6W

• Luke Reynolds
    Luke Reynolds Member ✭✭
    Options

Hey Russ Thanks for taking the time to reply. I purchased my Maestro used and it is a B model. 2-3 seconds was approximate but its enough to drive you crazy !!!

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Currently, transmit audio for the monitor is routed through the radio and then back to the user. This was implemented for MulitFlex Users. However, that broke the Monitor for local users and the delay makes it not usable for day to day operations. It is about 100-200ms.

We are aware of the impact this has for a variety of reasons.

However, if it is 2-3 seconds, then you have another issue that needs resolving and likely something in your network is buffering it before you hear the echo back.

As an example, on either my Maestro B or C using Smartlink, it is about 200ms (which does sound like a long time). It certainly is not 2-3 seconds.

More investigation may be required here.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.