Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Change assigned DIV slice?

Options

Hi

When turning on Diversity (DIV) on a 6600 this always defaults to slice D, is it possible to change this somehow? Or can you do something to manually move it from D to B?

I've only got Slice A open when clicking on DIV so it's not picking the next available slice, it is always D regardless of what else is open.

Thanks

Rich

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

I had to get in front of a radio to check.

With SmartSDR it likely opens the last slice and that is a D for a 6600 and likely H for a 6700.

On a Maestro it is labeled DIV

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I am not in front of radio, but I am pretty sure mine goes to the next available, usually B.

If you reboot the radio, does it behave the same way?

You are not running MultiFlex at all?

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Mike

So I just had Slice A open (DIV turned off), closed SmartSDR and rebooted the radio, re-loaded SmartSDR, Slice A opens, clicked DIV but it's still going to Slice D.

With and A and D open, clicking to open a new slice opens B.

I then close DIV - Slice D and enable it and it opens D again.

I can't get DIV to open the next available slice, no matter what combo I choose.

Not using MultiFlex. Running SmartSDR 3.7.4

Reason for wanting to use B is I have some USB ports in use for some switching and these are configured for Slice B so need DIV to use this to make it fit with the existing set-up.

Rich

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 5
    Options

Thanks Mike, least we are seeing the same. I assume this is hard coded and can't be changed?

From a Diversity perspective, if I were to use Slice B plus some third party software to track the frequency so B follows A, would that achieve the same as what the DIV button does? Is there any reason not to use this method?

I know I'd have to manually set the audio so A is in left ear and B is in right again that is easily done with streamdeck or other software with a push of a button.

Thanks

• Mike-VA3MW
    Options

It is hard coded.

It should do the same thing. You will have to give it a try.

RXAssist might help you a bit too.

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I can confirm that DIV uses slice H on a 6700.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.