Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

how do i track Maestro in HRD

Options
Chuck L
Chuck L Member ✭✭
Is there any way to track the vfo read out from Maestro to HRD log?

Computer, Maestro,and 6400 all connected with lan cable on home network in the same room?

Maestro is working fine with flex stock hand. mike.

Best Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Chuck

Yes, you can use your Maestro with 3rd party programs.

Try this:

• Connect to your Radio with the Maestro as you do normally.
    • On the PC with HRD install SmartSDR as you are going to need it for your 3rd party programs (CAT and DAX) which are installed with SmartSDR
    • On the PC with HRD, install SliceMaster. https://github.com/K1DBO/slice-master-6000
    • Take some time to read about SliceMaster. There is a lot it does, but understanding it is worth the investment in time. SliceMaster connects to the radio to give you a tool to simplify a few things.
    • Click HRD TCP TX Listener on.
    • on the HRD logbook, you are going to tell HRD to 'call and connect' to Slice Master. It is key that the 7809 is the same on both SliceMaster and HRD
    • Now, HRD sees the frequency on the Maestro and you are good to log QSO

Slice Master can also be used to start your digital programs such as CW Skimmer, GRITTY, DM780, WSJT-X, flDigi, JTDX, JS8Call, MSHV, MMTTY and you can still use your Maestro like normal.

This is the advantage of a FlexRadio and using the LAN for interconnections. Many computers (things) can communicate with the radio at the same time.

Does that help?

• Chuck L
    Chuck L Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Mike I got HRD working thanks Chuck
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

chuck,

To be clear, the radio and PC need to be on same network. The Maestro also needs to be on the same network either by Ethernet cable to router or a switch, or WiFi. You cannot have an Ethernet cable from Maestro to radio directly. Then the PC would not have connectivity

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Chuck, third party programs don't read the Maestro or SmartSDR, they get information directly from the radio. The radio is a server and programs or devices that interact with it are clients.

So, you will need to go through the options in HRD to see how it wants the data from the radio. There are two ways. One is via CAT commands. The other is via the API. Most apps are coded to use CAT, so that is probably a good starting point.

• Chuck L
    Chuck L Member ✭✭
    Options
    My 6400 works fine with Hrd and FT 8 on the computer. Can I go though the 6400 with my maestro direct with lan cable to get 3rd party programs to work. Disappointed if I can't us my new Maestro with 3rd party programs.
  • Chuck L
    Chuck L Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Mike we'll give it a try

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.