Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6400M with ATU wanted.

Options
I asked before if anyone had a 6400M for sale, and at the time I was depending on the sale of my Icom 7610 to increase my funds level to the point where I could then afford to get a 6400M.

This is no longer the case, and I now have the money to buy what I actually want, which is a Flex 6400M. I don't really hold out much hope of these becoming available any time soon as new, due to the continuing shortage of the DELL tablet screen required to make them. I was told they "might be available Q2 2024" but I have also been told by the only shop in the UK to have one (which they wont sell, ironically) that we wont see any new stocks until possibly September 2024, which is not Q2.....

If you do have a Flex 6400M for sale, it's worth pointing out that I am in the UK, and am not expecting a seller to pay for the possibly expensive cost of getting it here to me in the UK.

73's

Mark M7VMD.

P.S. I did reach out to Flex to ask them to let me know if they acquired any ex demo stock or part exchanges etc, but, no pun intended it has now been radio silence. I sort of suspect it's because anyone who has a Flex knows how (possibly) good they are and is holding on to them.....

I'll get my coat........ :-(

Comments

• Peter K1PGV
    Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry, OM. Just yesterday I agreed to trade my 6400M in to Flex for a 6400 and a Maesteo C. Sigh…. If you’d only I’d seen your request a couple of days earlier.

OTOH, the fact that I’m trading one in means that shortly after I get my new gear, Flex will have a used 6409M to sell.

• mark2jag
    mark2jag Member ✭✭
    Options

**** and blast..... I never seem to be lucky...Peter K1PGV, would you be so kind as to email me at the address I have listed on QRZ, please, all will become clear........

If anyone else sees a 6400m WITH ATU up for sale, would they let me know. I am told that the process of putting a Used Flex Radio on the official Used Flex radios for sale page can take some time, and I just dont want to miss out, but knowing my luck I will.

• mark2jag
    mark2jag Member ✭✭
    Options

Dont believe how much hassle it is getting hold of a Flex. Here's an update. I cant look at the used flex radios for sale as i CANT REGISTER as it doesnt like the fact that I'm in the UK. I dont see any 6400M for sale on there, but know there should be at least 1......Thanks Peter K1PGV :-) I don't know if I cant see it because it's already gone or isnt there yet, or whatever the reason... Perhaps I should just give up.... Hey Ho back to my futile searches....

Mark M7VMD

• Peter K1PGV
    Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
    Options

i CANT REGISTER as it doesnt like the fact that I'm in the UK

Well, I would assume that's intentional. Flex has an authorized dealer in the UK (ML&S) and, if I recall correctly, does not sell directly to folks who are not in the States (for a long list of reasons).

I dont see any 6400M for sale on there, but know there should be at least 1

Well, they don't have mine yet. You'll note that in my post I said that they'll have it "after I get my new gear." Given the backlog of Maestro orders, I suspect it'll take "some time" for me to get my order. THEN, once I receive my new equipment, I'll send my 6400M back to Flex.

Hope that clears up any misunderstanding,

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@Peter K1PGV

i CANT REGISTER as it doesnt like the fact that I'm in the UK

What can't you register for? We actually do not have any country lockouts for registering anything. Assuming it was the Store, I sent you a password reset to your Outlook account.

I dont see any 6400M for sale on there, but know there should be at least 1

It can take some time to trade in equipment to make it into the store, if at all. First, the radio has to go into the Service area and go through a complete overhaul and full system function test and calibration. This is about 1/2 day work. But, repairs take priority as customers are waiting to get their radio back that they have sent in. Sometimes it can be a month before we clear a radio that was traded in.

Next, we have a wait list for used equipment. This list is managed by sales and if you haven't emailed us that you want to be on it, I would recommend you do so (sales@flexradio.com).

Be advised that shipping from Texas to the UK is expensive at about ~$200 assuming we are shipping it there.

If it was me, I would go for a Maestro and a 6400. It gives you much more flexibility with zero loss of functionality. If you just want to use the 2 together, you just need to hook up a LAN cable between the Maestro and the Radio. No network hardware is required. (this is called a link.local setup)

• mark2jag
    mark2jag Member ✭✭
    Options

Well, here we go eyes down look in folks. Peter K1 PGV, I owe you an apology because I didn't read your post properly, and had assumed you had ALREADY sent it to Flex, which you have not. MY bad and I'm an idiot...

So, the next thing is registering for the used kit page. It does not seem to like the fact that I'm not in the U.S.

I have tried , but I don't give in easily and will of course try again.

Why don't I want a Maestro and a 6400, ah that's simple to answer. Someone will be along to correct me (please) if I am wrong but buying the both the Maestro AND a 6400 is actually MORE than just buying a 6400M with an ATU I think looking at some of the prices for Maestro on places such as Fleabay, etc etc.

I am hoping to be proved wrong, but I am going on evidence provided by UK pages, which might have different pricing than anywhere else.

Finally....... 200 Bucks is £157. More than I expected, but I wouldn't ever cut costs on postage/shipping knowing some of the horror stories of packages going missing and never ever being seen again and poor old Mr A .M. Radio deciding to not bother insuring it either makes my blood run cold (Not hard in the UK, its bloody freezing) so I'll go back to playing with my temporary radio until however long it takes to get what I want.

It's nice that people can be bothered to reply, and will now be keeping my eyes peeled for a 6400M whenever they arrive in the UK. Or a Maestro and 6400 with ATU that's probably secondhand and correspondingly less, maybe.. Based on the fact that 6400M's aren't going to be available until March-June time, (True, or not true???) which is a fair way off yet...

By the way I have had use of a 6400M, and found it to be so easy to use it knocked some of my other radios definitely off top spot, although in all fairness he wanted his radio back so I had to give it to him, otherwise I would definitely have kept it.

Mark M7VMD.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

• Peter K1PGV
    Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Mike-VA3MW

To be clear: Your reply shouldn't be @mentioned to me (though I clearly steered my friend Mark wrong regarding availability of used equipment outside the States from the Flex Store), you're reply to @mark2jag, right?

• mark2jag
    mark2jag Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes correct.