Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartControl slices ?

Options

Perhaps someone can help my aging brain. I have been trying SmartControl today , with the new Maestro C. Also reading the Flex user guide section about SmartControl. I am a bit puzzled about slice control using the Maestro with my 6600. Am I correct in deducing that the Maestro's A and B will only display in SmartSDR (for Mac ) as two slices in one pan adapter, NOT to separate panadapters. ? Additionally , if I have A and B in the Maestro using two slices in same band/same panadapter and then change B to a totally different band ...the B goes blank in the Maestro and a message appears in the Maestro saying I have reached the slice limit. So the Maestro in SmartControl mode can not do two bands at same time ? Not a big deal, just wondering.

Andy K3UK

Answers

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 24
    Options

If you add a second band/ panadapter with a Slice receiver in it, the small VFO knob on the front of the Maestro should control the second panadapter and Slice in SmartSDR while using using SmartControl.

In SmartSDR just click on the symbol in the lower left of the screen to add a second panadapter. From that point, the second vfo knob should control the second panadapter.

James

WD5GWY

As to your second question. You can have two panadapters open on the Maestro and two open on the Maestro. But, if you are using SmartControl, the Maestro display does not respond because it is acting as a control interface for SmartSDR on your Windows pc or your Mac. SmartControl only works with SmartSDR on the Windows pc or your Mac computer.

It cannot control both the pc and Maestro at the same time.

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks James.

My next question is why, when using SmartControl, does the Maestro not follow a band change chosen via SmartSDR ? Example: I had the Maestro C displaying VFO A and B on 10M and matched by the display on SSDR. Then using SSDR I changed to 15M . 15M was displayed in the computer screen but the Maestro A and B stayed on 10m ?

Andy K3UK

• Andrew O'Brien
    Options

Oddly, today I can get two separate bands on SSDr and on SmartControl Maestro . Yesterday I could not.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Andrew,

My next question is why, when using SmartControl, does the Maestro not follow a band change chosen via SmartSDR ? Example: I had the Maestro C displaying VFO A and B on 10M and matched by the display on SSDR. Then using SSDR I changed to 15M . 15M was displayed in the computer screen but the Maestro A and B stayed on 10m ?

You may need to reword this. When the Maestro is in SmartControl, you can see the VFO, modes, etc. When you change modes on the Maestro or the SmartSDR PC client, the Band/VFO information does match. I just tested this and it does work.

I then added a second slice on the same panadapter on the Meastro in SmartControl worked as expected.

What you can't do is have 2 Slices on the same Panadapter and then try to move a slice, like B to a new band. You can only do this if the 2nd slice is on a unique panadapter.

But, I am guessing at what you are seeing. Adding pictures really really helps. Especially if you have before and after pictures.

• Andrew O'Brien
    Options

Thanks Mike. I will test things again today.

Andy K3UK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.