Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Version v3.7.4 and STILL no working Noise Blanker.. Wideband or otherwise..

Options
Almost 1 year into owning my 6600, and it's nearly useless at my QTH when the local utility acts up. $5K on a radio that can't get the basics right.. Even the Noise Blanker on my 30-yr old Pro-III runs circles around the 6600.

I recently had the opportunity to use a SunSDR a few miles from here and the experience was night and day.. Supremely frustrating.

**** Flex??

N2JXL.

Comments

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Open a Help Desk ticket. That way the issue is officially documented with Flex Radio. It may not get the problem resolved as soon as you or I may like, but it demonstrates in numbers, the extent of the problem. Otherwise, unless it is huge number of users that are being effected, it will not be addressed sooner than later.

Flex Radio needs to know how many users are effected by different problems to know where to best focus their resources to solve issues such as this one. Just posting about it here on the forums ( unless it is a widespread problem) won't prompt them to explore a particular problem. I am speaking from experience and observation of issues and whether or not they ever get resolved. And noting what seems to motivate Flex Radio into taking action on resolving different problems that come up with the software and firmware.

James

WD5GWY

• K9YK
    K9YK Member ✭✭
    Options

James, there is already a bug ticket open for the WNB non-working issue. How many people are affected? Every single person who has purchased a new 6600 or 6400 since March of 2023.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

If that is the case,"that every single person who purchased a new 6600 or 6400 since March of 2023", it is odd to me that I have seen very few posts here or on other websites concerning this problem. I know they exist. I just haven't seen that many. That is the reason I responded as I did. Opening a single Help Desk ticket by one user won't attract much, if any attention to the issue. Multiple Help Desk tickets for the same issue has a better chance of getting the needed attention to the problem. That was my motivation behind my comments.

James

WD5GWY